Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never owned a Tesla before. I ordered MSLR on Dec 16th. Still no VIN and delivery date keeps changing. I contacted customer service yesterday. They told me about the EPA hold but said it was just lifted (yesterday). I also started looking at other cars yesterday. I am losing my patience and I really need a car.
Ordered in November and waiting. But we have a Model S with lots of miles on it. So we’ve been around Tesla for years. Hang in there if you can. Tesla can frustrate at times though we really haven’t dealt with that. As much as we love the one we have this latest generation for us anyway is almost like experiencing Tesla for first time.

It’s mile eating mountain melting machine.

Ordered in November and waiting. But we have a Model S with lots of miles on it. So we’ve been around Tesla for years. Hang in there if you can. Tesla can frustrate at times though we really haven’t dealt with that. As much as we love the one we have this latest generation for us anyway is almost like experiencing Tesla for first time.

It’s mile eating mountain melting machine.
That's what they tell me lol and why I am still waiting. I am trying to hold out but other vehicles are tempting me. If I don't have a VIN within a week I will move on. This forum has actually kept me going.

That's what they tell me lol and why I am still waiting. I am trying to hold out but other vehicles are tempting me. If I don't have a VIN within a week I will move on. This forum has actually kept me going.
Is going Plaid an option? If so, you probably won't find yourself saying, "I should have gotten the LR"

If so, avoid the 21" wheels.

Reactions: FSDIN2020!
I understand where you’re coming from. I have my 4th Tesla on order. FWIW even with all the frustrations with customer service and build quality, I cannot imagine driving something different. Teslas are dope.

Is going Plaid an option? If so, you probably won't find yourself saying, "I should have gotten the LR"

I avoided the 21" wheels due to the advice given here. I didn't consider the Plaid because it seems like extreme overkill for my needs (even the power of the LR is overkill). I also assumed my insurance prices would be much higher.

I have never owned a Tesla before. I ordered MSLR on Dec 16th. Still no VIN and delivery date keeps changing. I contacted customer service yesterday. They told me about the EPA hold but said it was just lifted (yesterday). I also started looking at other cars yesterday. I am losing my patience and I really need a car.
I'm in the same situation and state. Except I ordered Dec 1. I'm willing to wait. I've wanted a Tesla for over 10 years and was finally able to order one.

I plan on going to the local SC tomorrow to see if I can get any useful info. Text messages have so far only resulted in a parroting of my EDD range.

New update from my sc: EPA hold was lifted yesterday afternoon apparently. Still no VIN for me tho.
IMG_1054.jpeg

This is my first Tesla and I picked up my MSP 2 days ago. I too was looking at other cars and almost canceled because I was fed up with everything. I am so glad that I didn't buy another vehicle. I have only driven it 10 miles straight to my PPF installer. But that 10 mile drive was freaking awesome. Hang in there. The lack of communication sucks but I believe it will be worth it when you finally get it.

MSLR grey/white/19. Ordered February 5th. Received VIN February 10th. I was contacted today saying I could schedule pickup tomorrow. I'm traveling so I won't be able to pick it up until I return next month. I asked about the EPA range and they didn't reply to that question
Did they give you any issue for not being able to pick it up right away ? I fear they will ask me to take delivery of my car at the end of the march when I’ll be traveling for work

Update: MSLR UR/cream/19”
Received VIN
Original estimated delivery March 7-15, updated to March 3-12 yesterday.

Signed Tesla vision agreement last week. No messages or communication from sales team yet.
Ugh. That is my same build that I ordered on 12/27 - have not been asked to even sign Tesla vision agreement or received a VIN. Sitting on 2/29 - 3/16 right now. EDD changes every day but does not tighten.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
I believe I read something here about an issue with chipping behind the rear wheels and people have PPF applied.

My shop that normally handles this thought it was in front of the rear wheels and asked me to confirm.

Can anyone provide advice on where they have added PPF in the rear to help minimize paint chips?
Add about 12 inches to the top of the factory PPF and it will help. If you want no seams, PPF the entire rear panel.

If I recall, some people were also having rock issues along the lower door panels too. So your protection coverage experience will vary.

Reactions: iwhiteout