Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S existing inventory and pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just pulled the trigger on an inventory MSLR - white/black, 19”, steering wheel.

Trading in my trusty 2018 Model 3 LR RWD. It’s been an incredible vehicle - 50k trouble free miles - but I couldnt pass up on the discounts + 3 years of supercharging.

Delivery date was assigned almost immediately- 6/28. I’m just hoping they can process my trade-in estimate by then.

My last Model S was a 2016 75D - looking forward to experiencing the refresh S!
I bet they offer you 10k for your 2018

• Funny
Reactions: dckiwi
Took the plunge. Ordered an inventory MSLR in NC tonight. My M3P has been perfect for the last 3 years, time for something a little bigger. Trading it to Carmax (I think) almost 5k more than Tesla. Delivery this week. Eeeeek!
Congrats mostly but maybe change your order and drop the extra $$$ on the Plaid. If you actually enjoy the off the line acceleration of your M3P that is, you will be disappointed in the MSLR. It is slower than the M3P to 60 mph. It feels excruciatingly soft off the line compared to the M3P but about 40 mph it actually comes alive.

Hopefully you drove one so you know what you are getting in to if performance matters. If it is without the USS and that matters, get a small wireless camera and mount it on the front grill to make parking easier.

Did you go yoke or wheel?

Congrats mostly but maybe change your order and drop the extra $$$ on the Plaid. If you actually enjoy the off the line acceleration of your M3P that is, you will be disappointed in the MSLR. It is slower than the M3P to 60 mph. It feels excruciatingly soft off the line compared to the M3P but about 40 mph it actually comes alive.

Hopefully you drove one so you know what you are getting in to if performance matters. If it is without the USS and that matters, get a small wireless camera and mount it on the front grill to make parking easier.

Technically no. Both are 0-60 at 3.1 seconds. The model 3 performance only feels faster because the heft is much less.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I bet they offer you 10k for your 2018
They offered me this for my 2019 white on white model 3 performance 67k miles on it. No accidents and excellent condition. (Beyond insult) I sold in 3rd party for 35K and purchased a Plaid used.
I will never buy new from Tesla again. This is my 4th tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_8020.png
    IMG_8020.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 96

Yep, drove both LR and P but don't need the crazy P acceleration. LR felt fine for acceleration. Performance isn't as big to me as it once was, but this should be just fine.

As was said after your post, technically same time to 60 as the M3P, but with more heft to haul, it may feel slower.

I went with the yoke. Loved it on the (multiple) test drives. Team blue!

Yep, drove both LR and P but don't need the crazy P acceleration. LR felt fine for acceleration. Performance isn't as big to me as it once was, but this should be just fine.

As was said after your post, technically same time to 60 as the M3P, but with more heft to haul, it may feel slower.

I went with the yoke. Loved it on the (multiple) test drives. Team blue!
Good, glad you drove the car first. I was just giving you the heads up about the performance in case it mattered. The times aren't the same as they are measured differently between all the performance variants vs non-performance variants. On paper, based on how they were measured, the MS LR should beat the M3P handily to 60 mph.

In the real world it is a different story. What actually happens is the MS LR is at least 0.3 seconds, and typically 0.4 seconds to 60 mph slower. Tesla lied about the performance of the MS LR. It it is just barely quicker than a MYP to 60. I made at least 100 runs in my MS LR 0-60 and searched the internet to see if anyone ran the claimed times for the MS LR, nobody did from what I could see. For the M3P, you find lots of people who ran quicker than the claimed times of the M3P. Just trying to do a public service announcement after owning my MS LR for over a year.

For some reason, the almost 700 HP of the MS LR isn't getting to the ground in the 0-60 sprint. They either software (torque) limited the car or the gearing is wrong. With the Plaid you can just put in basically sport mode, rather than Plaid, and it turns into the MS LR when you don't want the power. :)

Did you ever use the track mode in your M3P? In the Plaid it becomes an amazing drift car when you want use up the last bit of tread on your rear tires before replacing them. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
They offered me this for my 2019 white on white model 3 performance 67k miles on it. No accidents and excellent condition. (Beyond insult) I sold in 3rd party for 35K and purchased a Plaid used.
I will never buy new from Tesla again. This is my 4th tesla.
Why do you not purchase new? Do you purchase used from Tesla, private seller or otherwise? Currently, I am looking at the new end of quarter promotions, and looked at used 2022 plaid, and still was so close to new with the reductions. I was considering buying used, however if I buy new, I get 6 years free SC (since I have a car with unlimited and can disable it before I sell car, also they give 1K off for loyalty and about an additional $7500 for reduced price (however, kinda high already) and a lot of loot credits i think 20 k, and 1 year of connectivity (Iguess just worth 100$). They get you on the delivery fee, and taxes.... )

Why do you not purchase new? Do you purchase used from Tesla, private seller or otherwise? Currently, I am looking at the new end of quarter promotions, and looked at used 2022 plaid, and still was so close to new with the reductions. I was considering buying used, however if I buy new, I get 6 years free SC (since I have a car with unlimited and can disable it before I sell car, also they give 1K off for loyalty and about an additional $7500 for reduced price (however, kinda high already) and a lot of loot credits i think 20 k, and 1 year of connectivity (Iguess just worth 100$). They get you on the delivery fee, and taxes.... )
Regarding the $1,000 off for loyalty:

My 2021 MS was totaled and last week my order was placed for an inventory 2023 MS.

Nothing about $1,000 loyalty was included.

Can that likely be remedied?
I never used referral link as sales associate sent me a link on vehicle I wanted to buy.

My 2021 MS was totaled and last week my order was placed for an inventory 2023 MS.

I never used referral link as sales associate sent me a link on vehicle I wanted to buy.
That happened to me and I just reordered it again and lost my $250 order fee. I tried and there’s no way around it. Just think of it as $750 off loyalty. Do not forget to order through your referral link.

Reactions: Mayer

I think you would have to redo your order, as stated below. It is interesting, as the first sales person, and manager did not tell me this offer, it was after several discussions,and when walking outside with a sales guy he shared this opportunity. The loot points are good too!

Reactions: Mayer
lmao… they don’t even want their own cars back
Got a used 2022 Plaid 7K miles April build steam FSD 90K. Ohh and it has sensors and a round wheel in the used market. (Couldn’t be happier) Tesla doesn’t care. I will say this again they give ZF. I am sure he will get a insulting offer as they are giving them auction prices.
This photo was the offer.

Attachments

• IMG_8020.png
    IMG_8020.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 66
That happened to me and I just reordered it again and lost my $250 order fee. I tried and there’s no way around it. Just think of it as $750 off loyalty. Do not forget to order through your referral link.

I used my referral link to order but there's no sign of the $1,000 discount anywhere on the order. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday, and if they don't add the $1,000 discount at that point I'll just cancel and eat the $250. Let's see how much they want that end of quarter delivery.

I am considering pulling the trigger on an inventory vehicle. Do you also get a discount when ordering from factory?
No the $7500 off is on inventory vehicles only. If you get a referral code it also gives you an extra $1000 off.
Also added benefit of taking delivery of inventory vehicle is 3 years of free super charging.
Shameless plug but I can send you a referral link. Thanks.

I used my referral link to order but there's no sign of the $1,000 discount anywhere on the order. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday, and if they don't add the $1,000 discount at that point I'll just cancel and eat the $250. Let's see how much they want that end of quarter delivery.
Check your order sheet that's where mine showed up.