Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s headlight fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed my Passenger side headlight has got the dull yellow light of doom. I had my driver side one replaced last year under warranty but my warranty expired in March this year.
Do you think tesla will take pity? Is there an extended warranty I can get? Shall I just get a second hand one as I really don't want to shell out 1500 quid for a headlight

^Most extended warranties exclude lights (including the official Tesla one I think).

I wouldn't bother with 2nd hand, itll likely develop a similar fault. Tesla resigned the lights on the S so a brand new unit shouldn't fail.

Just suck it up and pay, most LED lights from all manfactures are 4 figure sums these days.

Rubbish if you have to negotiate a price. A lot of people feel uncomfortable negotiating. Don't most manufactures have a set price for parts? Not sure Tesla needs to do everything differently!
The negotiating has already been done. The owners club complained about the cost and failure rate so Tesla agreed to lower the price of the replacement part.

So my quite came in at £1485.18 Inc VAT
The labour is only 100 odd quid. Headlight is £1128

I've not queried a cheaper price yet or any goodwill considering the cars warranty expired in March this year.

Any advice ? I've googled fitting myself and it includes bumper removal should I source a part from elsewhere

So my quite came in at £1485.18 Inc VAT
The labour is only 100 odd quid. Headlight is £1128

I've not queried a cheaper price yet or any goodwill considering the cars warranty expired in March this year.

Any advice ? I've googled fitting myself and it includes bumper removal should I source a part from elsewhere
Update: queried price. Now coming in about 750 Inc vat. Pays to ask. Better to pay that than take a 400 quid risk on knock offs from china