Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - HPWC (High Power Wall Connector)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine delivered on 02/11, installed on 02/12 (yesterday). It works (and looks) great. Life is good again. :wink:

HPWCinstalled_zpsedd3f54a.jpg

Nice pic. Thanks. Does your cable holder come with the unit? Most of us have a slip saying our holders come later. If this holder didn't come with the unit, would you tell me where you get your holder?
Thanks. I got it out of my warehouse.:wink: It is a 4" plastic cable support "J-hook" made by Panduit. I'll post a close-up pic and provide the part number tomorrow when I'm back at my office.

For those still awaiting there HPWC (or deciding on it prior to finalize) are there any lingering questions? Lengths of cables or anything? Now that the device has made it out to customers, we should be able to resolve the open questions (if there are any).

Received High Power Wall Connector today 2/11/13. Cable organizer to be shipped at a later date. My car was delivered on 11/2/12 Signature #121. Now I have the added ability to quick charge the perfect car.

Oh, there will be a cable organizer, after all? I thought I'd read elsewhere on the forum that there wouldn't be.

How long is the cable--longer than the UMC (or at least as long, I hope)?

One issue I've found with the HPWC is that I keep hitting the end of the plug on the ground as I try to get the cord wrapped around the HPWC. It hasn't done any damage (yet), but the cord is so thick and long that I can't figure out how to get it from unwrapped to wrapped without thwacking the plug at least once on the ground. I'd be curious to know if others have experienced this problem and how they are dealing with it. I don't think that the cord holder wil necessarily make this any easier.

Arnold, I used some J hooks and have the cable running along the ceiling. It can't even touch the floor. I had a different reason for running it along the ceiling, however, I have a car plus my Sparrow that the cable has to cross behind before it gets to my S and i didn't want to unplug the S everytime I used either of the other vehicles.

Oh, there will be a cable organizer, after all? I thought I'd read elsewhere on the forum that there wouldn't be.

How long is the cable--longer than the UMC (or at least as long, I hope)?

There was a letter included that says there will be an organizer, but to just drape the cable on the charger until it arrives.

The cable is 25' long, the UMC is 18'

Evan, Via Tapatalk