Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S HW 2.0 to HW 3.0 Upgrades? (Not HW2.5 or Model 3 upgrades to HW3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened? Did they contact you or just cancel the appointment

You'll get something like this:

IMG_0ED022677C7A-1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Ludalicious
What happened? Did they contact you or just cancel the appointment

I got this...

upload_2019-12-9_20-2-4.png

That was the third time. The first two times (September and October) I was told my car was NOT eligible for an upgrade... at all. The service guy fought me until he finally told me to wait just to humor me so I would just go away.

I'm so disappointed in their service staff as of late. They've really declined substantially. They used to have such good people, but those have all moved up and on.

I got this...

View attachment 486610

That was the third time. The first two times (September and October) I was told my car was NOT eligible for an upgrade... at all. The service guy fought me until he finally told me to wait just to humor me so I would just go away.

I'm so disappointed in their service staff as of late. They've really declined substantially. They used to have such good people, but those have all moved up and on.

Yup got the same response a few posts up and my appointment has been canceled.

I got this...

View attachment 486610

What could the service person have done differently for you to change your negative opinion on them?

Mom, are we there yet? No. Mom, are we there yet? No. Mom, are we there yet? NOOOO

(As a service person without any idea of when this is going to be available, can you see why they get frustrated when you keep scheduling appointments)?

What could the service person have done differently for you to change your negative opinion on them?

Mom, are we there yet? No. Mom, are we there yet? No. Mom, are we there yet? NOOOO

(As a service person without any idea of when this is going to be available, can you see why they get frustrated when you keep scheduling appointments)?
Well said. I often wonder what people hope to accomplish by needlessly clogging an already overwhelmed service organization with what can only be categorized as BS requests.

Well, telling me the truth to start is a good thing. My car was in for service for other issues.

First visit was for the dreaded yellow screen fix. Took it in, machine was "broken". A decent service writer would say, "hey, machine is broken, let's get you rescheduled." Shitty service writer says, "machine is broken, book another appointment in a month or two through the app." I literally have to argue with the guy after he tells me my car is ineligible for an FSD computer upgrade and will never see one, that's flat out a training issue. Be honest, or get some better training there pal.

Second visit, a dead headlight that was just replaced 9 months prior. Tesla was pleased to quote me $1600 to replace it (after charging me a $99 diagnostic fee), and when asked why it wouldn't be covered under the parts warranty, was told that they had NO record of replacing it. I knew the guy was full of it, but did not have my copies of the paperwork. I've since purchased a headlight on eBay, replaced it myself, and the old dead one is stamped with a mfg date of 11/2018... so I tried calling the service center to get my diagnostic fee refunded and headlight replaced, and they are refusing to help me. Their error, not mine. They've since excitedly told me that my car has now surpassed the 12,000 mile parts warranty since it was replaced. But- my point, it hadn't when I scheduled the appointment in the first place... and, I don't think anybody in any reasonable mind things an LED headlight's lifespan is literally 9 months of use. It's a bad part. Period. Oh, and the machine was "broken" again for the screen fix...

Third visit is coming up. Again for the yellow screen fix (as noted in the text copy I posted).

Well, telling me the truth to start is a good thing. My car was in for service for other issues.

First visit was for the dreaded yellow screen fix. Took it in, machine was "broken". A decent service writer would say, "hey, machine is broken, let's get you rescheduled." Shitty service writer says, "machine is broken, book another appointment in a month or two through the app." I literally have to argue with the guy after he tells me my car is ineligible for an FSD computer upgrade and will never see one, that's flat out a training issue. Be honest, or get some better training there pal.

Second visit, a dead headlight that was just replaced 9 months prior. Tesla was pleased to quote me $1600 to replace it (after charging me a $99 diagnostic fee), and when asked why it wouldn't be covered under the parts warranty, was told that they had NO record of replacing it. I knew the guy was full of it, but did not have my copies of the paperwork. I've since purchased a headlight on eBay, replaced it myself, and the old dead one is stamped with a mfg date of 11/2018... so I tried calling the service center to get my diagnostic fee refunded and headlight replaced, and they are refusing to help me. Their error, not mine. They've since excitedly told me that my car has now surpassed the 12,000 mile parts warranty since it was replaced. But- my point, it hadn't when I scheduled the appointment in the first place... and, I don't think anybody in any reasonable mind things an LED headlight's lifespan is literally 9 months of use. It's a bad part. Period. Oh, and the machine was "broken" again for the screen fix...

Third visit is coming up. Again for the yellow screen fix (as noted in the text copy I posted).

I understand your frustration, and chimed in sarcastically thinking it was only for the FSD issue.

I’ve had nothing but a fantastic experience at the Portland, OR service center (I know this isn’t the case everywhere). But I think a lot of frustration is from the company Tesla itself (overworking the service team, not giving them proper information, etc) and not the service people. They’re the front line and have to do what they’re told.

I understand your frustration, and chimed in sarcastically thinking it was only for the FSD issue.

I’ve had nothing but a fantastic experience at the Portland, OR service center (I know this isn’t the case everywhere). But I think a lot of frustration is from the company Tesla itself (overworking the service team, not giving them proper information, etc) and not the service people. They’re the front line and have to do what they’re told.

My service center in Westmont, IL has also always been excellent, but they've tanked completely in the last year. I agree that they're the front line and do what they're told, and I'm not the gruff type to make a stink while in there, but I'm also not going to let them tell me what they think I want to hear, or even let them make things up as they go along to make me go away. Just be honest and say, "I don't know!"