Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery City: Highland Park, IL
Battery: 85
P: Yes
P+: No
Order Date: 1/11/2014
Confirmed: 1/11/2014
Pref Delivery: March
Was this the earliest delivery date: yes
Est Delivery: -
VIN: 31853
VIN Date: 1/20/2014
Prod Start: -
Prod End: -
Delivered: -
Paint: White
Roof: All Glass
Wheels: 19"
Seats: Textile Black
Decor: Piano Black
Tech: Yes
Parking: Yes
Winter: Yes
Fog: No
Sound: Yes
Trim: No
Headliner: Yes
Air: Yes
Rear seats: No
Lights: No
Security: No? Didn't even see this as an option
Parcel: No
Charger: Single
Supercharging: Yes
Paint Armor: No
Primacy Tire Upgrade: Yes
Spoiler: Yes
Red Brake Calipers: Yes

Comments: I ordered and confirmed without performance and added performance on 1/17, not sure how that will affect delivery or if I would have been given a preferred date option earlier than march had I started with P85

I noticed that the Preferred Delivery field on myTesla page is now gone. Used to say Pref Deliv and late Feb but now there is nothing there.

Think I had a similar concern earlier in the thread. Eventually when they have discussed and booked a more specific date then you get the new "Pickup" or "Delivery" section that shows the specific details. In my case it says pickup from Vancover (about 600 miles away) which is not true; however, each time they change it to delivery, the date disappears again so I'm leaving it at pickup for now in the hopes that ultimately common sense will prevail - though driving from Vancouver through the rocky mountains would be a beautiful drive! Think I'll do that one when they've put super chargers in.

Well I was just officially pushed back on delivery from this Wednesday to next Wednesday. :cursing: What really frustrates me the most on this is that I heard nothing from Tesla about the delay until I emailed them to check on the status. My dashboard was (is) still reading the car as in production and still showing a delivery date of Wednesday the 22nd. I guess that it's a good thing that didn't just show up Wednesday night expecting to pick up my car.

@JJR64 - did your dashboard update yet with the new delivery date and is your car still showing "in production"?

@KaJu74 - unless @JJR64 says otherwise, please update his scheduled delivery date to 28-Jan (got pushed back a week per his above comment).

Sorry to hear about the delay and the fact you had to call or email to find out about it. I would advise anyone to get direct confirmation from your DS the day before *and* day of that the car will actually be ready; I read some other posts about someone who drove a long way to find out the car wasn't ready and then had a couple more delays. I certainly hope that does not happen to any of us, but you can protect yourself from a wasted trip if you double and triple check with your DS!

BTW, my car has not moved into "in production" yet.

Last edited:
Are you referring to this document? The Delivery Checklist and Buyers/Owner's guide?
Model S Delivery Checklist and Owners Guide
There is a really great document floating around that has a rather extensive list of things to do and look for all along the way. When I find it again I will post it here. It is almost a massive summary of every little bump people have experienced so you don't have the same thing happen to you.

I noticed that the Preferred Delivery field on myTesla page is now gone. Used to say Pref Deliv and late Feb but now there is nothing there.

That happened to me too a few days ago, then today I got an email from Tesla with the choice of pickup days and time, and I choose the earliest one - March 3 @ 10:00 a.m. and now that shows on my dashboard as:

Pick Up Time

Monday, March 3
10:00 AM

@JJR64 - did your dashboard update yet with the new delivery date and is your car still showing "in production"?

@KaJu74 - unless @JJR64 says otherwise, please update his scheduled delivery date to 28-Jan (got pushed back a week per his above comment).

Sorry to hear about the delay and the fact you had to call or email to find out about it. I would advise anyone to get direct confirmation from your DS the day before *and* day of that the car will actually be ready; I read some other posts about someone who drove a long way to find out the car wasn't ready and then had a couple more delays. I certainly hope that does not happen to any of us, but you can protect yourself from a wasted trip if you double and triple check with your DS!

BTW, my car has not moved into "in production" yet.

Midlife - my dashboard still shows my delivery date being 7 PM tonight. I honestly believe that I would not have heard anything from Tesla about the delay had I not contacted them. Throughout the past 3 months, I've tried to be the low maintenance customer and not pester the SC for status updates, but based on my experience, I would have to advise others to call the SC to find out what is really happening, at least until Tesla gets its act together with the dashboard tool. Now all that being said, whenever I've actually talked/emailed with the SCs, they've been fantastic and have bent over backward to help me out.

As of now (regardless of what my dashboard states), I'm scheduled to pick up the car on Wednesday the 29th at 2 PM. As you suggested, I will be calling the SCs to confirm the pickup a few times between then and now! If I don't get my car soon, I may have to fly to Jersey and have Jared take me out for a ride in his new ride.