Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The time has finally come!! After 960 posts as a lurker, I finally ordered my Model S! And because I've waited long enough, I also clicked confirm!

Is there a Q2 delivery thread out there somewhere? Should I create one? Or are we Q2ers just going to be rolled into this thread?

Ordered/Confirmed 2/13/2014
Multi-coat Red P85+
Delivery in Flin Flon, MB, Canada
Delivery preference is April
No other info available yet.
Great news ! As you can tell I didn't hold out as long as you so I can imagine this is a great day for you. Welcome to the land of refreshing your dashboard 100 times a day. Speaking of which I had another change today.

- - - Updated - - -

Production. Complete! Wow this got real very quickly, car started building on Monday done today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 617
Order: Feb 10, 2014
Confirmed: Feb 10, 2014
Delivery: March 28, 2014 (earliest)
Sourcing Parts
VIN issued: Feb 12, 2014
Vin: P34410
Pickup: Watertown, MA
P85, Green, pano, 19" Cyclone, tan/obeche matte, tech, pkg. sensors, subzero, fog, UHF sound, alcantara headliner, air suspension, shelf, duo chargers, Primacy tires, spoiler, red calipers, Mr. Fusion

Note: the Google Docs spreadsheet for this thread needs updating; last entry is two weeks old. However, thanks to KaJu74 for maintaining it!

I was posting from a mobile device and just now saw how much the spreadsheet was actually capturing. It looks like someone accidentally set KaJu74's order date to mine. Here is the rest of the details.

VIN: 32029
Color: Black
Roof: All Glass
Wheels: 21" Silver
Seats: Leather Black
Decor Accents: Obeche Wood Gloss
Tech: Yes
Sound Studio: Yes
Air Susp: Yes
Parcel Shelf: Yes
Charger: Duo
Supercharging: No

Everything Else: No

Comment: Order before the 8/1/13 price change.

VIN: 34086

Ordered 02/04/2014

Confirmed 02/11/2014
Preferred? Late March
Earliest? Yes
Scheduled Delivery 03/28/2014
Status? Sourcing Parts

S 85 kWh | Pearl White | Pano | 19” Wheels | Michelin Primacy Tire UG | Black Std Nappa Leather | Piano Black | HP Charging | SC Enabled | Tech | Smart Air | Parking Sensors | Fog Lamps | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Alcantara Headliner | Premium Lighting |

Interesting. Lots of later orders with still a end of March delivery. I wonder if they will make the dates and I wonder if there will be any impacts to quality if there trying to push things.

Yeah seems like Jan was almost intentionally lower volume... I really wish they would break down their reports a bit better by month and by location when they release that information!

Yeah seems like Jan was almost intentionally lower volume... I really wish they would break down their reports a bit better by month and by location when they release that information!
I was suprised that my build happened in three days but that seems to be the norm now looking at others in my time bracket. I thought one week was more typical but looking at deliveries earlier in January the build times seemed much slower(not sure how the holidays factor in). It's possible that introducing seat improvements had a slow down effect, but on the surface doesn't seem like it would require changes to the production line.

still speculation based on Elons comments suggesting they would be in production by now. I've posed the question to my DS but as discussed above he's a busy guy right now and I haven't heard back.

On that subject, I watched the recorded live stream of Elon in Norway and he pretty much confirmed that the seat bottom cushion spring bed adjustments, to increase comfort, has just now been added to production. Other redesign efforts to improve the sport handling aspects of the seat to reduce lateral body movement, are perhaps a year away due to complex changes with seat sensors that affect airbag deployment characteristics. He also stated that this eventual seat redesign could possibly be retrofitted to existing vehicles (unspoken, but not gratis). And he also agreed with a questioner who jokingly asked if he could replace the Model S seats with BMW ones, that the front seats indeed need improvement...

- - - Updated - - -

...Of course, if your were also referring to the very same live stream from Norway, then that is my interpretation of what was said.

SparkOfGenius;579222[COLOR=#333333 said:
]Note: the Google Docs spreadsheet for this thread needs updating; last entry is two weeks old. However, thanks to KaJu74 for maintaining it![/COLOR]
No Problem.
You mean, the List in the first Post? That`s from MidlifeCrisis.

Supercharging: No

If i see it right, you are the first, without the Superchargeroption.

If i forgot something in the File, please send me a PN

Last edited:
...Of course, if your were also referring to the very same live stream from Norway, then that is my interpretation of what was said.

I was! I started a thread on that under Interior. I think most people concur on the interpretation but obviously it would be nice to know for sure if my vehicle that was built this week definitely has this change in it.