Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up yesterday (the 11th). Awesome car. Most stunning is the 100 to 160 kph acceleration. I will be getting tickets in this thing.

Getting the winter tires mounted at a third party shop (non OEM wheels so Tesla wouldn't do it) was an adventure. Had a couple of conversations with some curious people, but nothing overt. "Really? No gas?" Was the extent of it.

Also, shocked it didn't seem to turn any heads. Perhaps they are a relatively common sight around here?

Well even though I received mine over a week ago, I finally got it back from being wrapped. It was like receiving it all over again. I've already been accosted by someone asking me to look in the front trunk. Then he asked to look in the back as if to make sure I wasn't tricking him somehow. I had an awesome day of driving today and loved every minute. So many nice touches I had forgotten about.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked mine up yesterday (the 11th). Awesome car. Most stunning is the 100 to 160 kph acceleration. I will be getting tickets in this thing.

Getting the winter tires mounted at a third party shop (non OEM wheels so Tesla wouldn't do it) was an adventure. Had a couple of conversations with some curious people, but nothing overt. "Really? No gas?" Was the extent of it.

Also, shocked it didn't seem to turn any heads. Perhaps they are a relatively common sight around here?

Definitely still a novelty in Calgary. I had lunch with the car parked outside where I could see it - saw a few people do a double take, followed by two dudes I mentioned elsewhere who had read all about it but seemed surprised it was electric. Noticing people checking it out at lights too. I'm not sure exactly how many model S' there are here in Calgary but someone elsewhere said that a ranger guessed at 20 Teslas combined between roadsters and Model S' in the city. To my knowledge there were no other deliveries to Calgary in the last few batches (my DS didn't seem aware of any). While there is little uptake, thanks to the persistent media attention for Tesla, several car mags featuring it, and at least one Calgary early adopter doing interviews etc., a lot of people seem to know about them which makes them more interested when they see one.

@Bamnooil. and all others Unloaded my S today at 10:00 am. I met driver at Tractor Supply. They are in a closed Simi. He had a Blue S red Brake C, Std wheels. He headed to Charlotte. Is this yours? The driver called me at 7:30 AM and was in Greensboro, and ETA 9:45 AM. I still don't have any word from my DS. "Life Is Good" Gonna be some more Happy Folks on this site.:rolleyes::biggrin::cool::love:
No, I went to Raleigh Monday night and picked it up in person because I just could not wait! Your car was being finished while I was there. Hit the SC on the way home. Car works and drives GREAT!

I haven't gotten my car yet, but people i work with are lining up for a ride. It won't turn heads like a Lamborghini, but plenty of people are probably noticing.

- - - Updated - - -

My VIN 32774 will be delivered Friday! Very excited.

I'm 32808, production complete since 3/9. Haven't gotten notification yet, but hoping for Saturday delivery. I just notified my DS that I'll forego the wash/detail (getting Opti-coat in 1-2 weeks).

@Dean, Did you happen to order a"P85", as you have a pretty high VIN. I suspect the P85's still get priority over all others.... I see it as great news! I'm really hoping for a faster delivery for my S85. I'm in the LA area, and I see you are up north, so I am assuming you'll do a factory pickup....

- MiddKid
- US
- Seattle, WA
- Ordered
P85 2/10, Confirmed S85 2/22, Re-upgraded to P85 3/7
- Preferred Delivery: Late March
- Earliest? Yes
- Delivery Date 3/29 (according to DS this week, "we're looking good")
- 35264 (assigned 2/24)

My HPWC arrived yesterday.
Rest of the build out: Grey/Grey/Obeche Matte, Standard 19s, Yacht, Pano, Dual/HPWC, Tech, Air, Parking, Fog, Sub-Zero, UHFS, Lighting, Rear Seats

- mshash
- US
- Rockville, MD
- S85
- Ordered
9/15 for a delayed delivery in August. Minivan started dying so changed on 1/16 to next available
- Earliest? Yes
- Delivery Date 3/28
- Entered production 3/11
- VIN 33298

Multicoat Red/Tan leather/Obeche Matte, Standard 19s, Pano, Dual/HPWC, Tech, Parking, Sub-Zero, Rear Seats

image.jpg
I got it! Amazing. Pure Joy. Better than Santa visiting. Had to share.

View attachment 45040I got it! Amazing. Pure Joy. Better than Santa visiting. Had to share.

When did they start offering an anti-gravity option for the wheels? Just kidding...great pic, see if you can flip it right side up tho!

- - - Updated - - -

added to master google sheet.

- mshash
- US
- Rockville, MD
- S85
- Ordered
9/15 for a delayed delivery in August. Minivan started dying so changed on 1/16 to next available
- Earliest? Yes
- Delivery Date 3/28
- Entered production 3/11
- VIN 33298

Multicoat Red/Tan leather/Obeche Matte, Standard 19s, Pano, Dual/HPWC, Tech, Parking, Sub-Zero, Rear Seats

- - - Updated - - -

added to master...welcome!

- MiddKid
- US
- Seattle, WA
- Ordered
P85 2/10, Confirmed S85 2/22, Re-upgraded to P85 3/7
- Earliest? Yes
- Delivery Date 3/29 (according to DS this week, "we're looking good")
- 35264 (assigned 2/24)

My HPWC arrived yesterday.
Rest of the build out: Grey/Grey/Obeche Matte, Standard 19s, Yacht, Pano, Dual/HPWC, Tech, Air, Parking, Fog, Sub-Zero, UHFS, Lighting, Rear Seats

updated...did you get your VIN today or an earlier date?

just wanted to update with my Vin: 36125.
Delivery for March 27th.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the google sheet *and* the first post should now reflect all recent updates; if I missed anyone, feel free to post a reply to this post (not private message, since there are other editors of the sheet who may update it before I can).

Thanks everyone for the huge interest in this thread...we've got enough data to start posting some pretty cool stats on production pace over time, if someone with statistical OCD wants to take a stab at it! If not, I will eventually post something, but probably not before April, since I have two long trips coming up and will need to make sure I spend as much time in my awesome car as possible before those trips!

Hi, @MidlifeCrisis:
Thank you for adding me. I didn't notice there were more and more columns on the right in the spreadsheet!!
Here's my additional data. It's in Q2 vehicles.

All Glass,19" Cyclone,Leather Black,Carbon Fiber,Yes,Yes,No,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,No,Yes,N/A,Yes,Duo,Yes,N/A,N/A,Yes,Yes,Signature (Japan)
Just to explain: in Japan, we don't seem to have Security Package, Paint Armor and 19" Primacy Tire Upgrade (marked as N/A). Instead we have CHAdeMO adapter bundled with all cars.