Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bianca is being loaded onto truck to bring her up to Seattle. May even get to have her Saturday! Then off for Xpel, Mobileye etc. etc. But Metropolitan Detail is letting me have their brand new loaner Model S. I will be the 1st customer to get to borrow it. Yahoo! How can anyone be THIS excited about a car???? :love:

My delivery is today! I had planned and asked for Thursday so family could be here for it, but the truck driver called a couple hours ago and insisted on delivering today. Asked some friends to help out and one is able to take me to the Meijer parking lot (otherwise I would have to leave a car there).

My Tesla Dashboard just changed to In Production! Please update the spreadsheet! Another minor change I noted and neglected to flag earlier. I don't have dual chargers, as my entry in the spreadsheet says. Thanks. I originally posted this in a different thread, but then remembered this is the one with the spreadsheet. Here's what my signature will say, once I get one:

S60 | Grey Metallic | 19” Wheels | Pano | Black Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech | Supercharger | Parking Sensors | Parcel Shelf
Ordered 4/22/2014 | Confirmed 4/26/2014 | VIN 43985 5/9/2014 | In Production 6/18/2014 | Delivery Scheduled 6/27/2014

Bianca is being loaded onto truck to bring her up to Seattle. May even get to have her Saturday! Then off for Xpel, Mobileye etc. etc. But Metropolitan Detail is letting me have their brand new loaner Model S. I will be the 1st customer to get to borrow it. Yahoo! How can anyone be THIS excited about a car???? :love:

Congratulations. I think we all can understand your excitement. I still have a few months of waiting excitement ahead of me. :rolleyes: See you in AZ.

Bianca will officially be delivered to me on Monday at 10am. I am hoping Metropolitan has their Model S finished and available by then as I would have to use Uber to get back to the ferry terminal, and return another day via Uber to get the loaner. Going to wait for Mobileye until later in July as those guys are booked up. Will have to leave Bianca for the day. May just hang around somewhere nearby for the day. We'll see. I can't shut up about this car. I am sure everyone I know is so sick of hearing about it. All kinds of little factoids that I sporadically shove into conversations... I hope it will slow down some when I actually have the car. How much time did you guys just sit in your MS and play with all the stuff... hours and hours? :redface:

Just reached order completion day and been busy reconfiguring things and second guessing what I have gone for.:cursing:

Got my intro email (I'm in the UK) with a delivery estimate at the end of September. Supercharger on the way home from work, nice as it's just about the point I normally hit traffic. A quick coffee and a charge could be just the thing to break the journey.

congratulations, max! where are the pics? :wink:

Here you go! All taken outside the factory.

14276933028_b6e22b78da_k.jpg
14440415136_58a93f486f_k.jpg
14462160172_e88422e239_h.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of issues? Just curious, I'm taking delivery tomorrow.

• Parts of the liner and the plastic above the frunk were loose (on due bill).
  • Swirl marks on the hood and the trunk lid (on due bill).
  • Leftover adhesive near spoiler (cleaned up).
  • License plate cover was scratched (replaced)
  • Leftover grease on tires (cleaned up)

Like I said, nothing major, but it's worth going over the car with the fine-tooth comb. It was parked and delivered in the parking lot outside the delivery center, so the exterior wasn't as clean as you'd expect.

On the bright side, our delivery person (Tyler) was extremely helpful and patient, and overall the delivery experience and the tour were both quite pleasing.