Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I started to receive emails from the owner advisor and local delivery team on what to expect(yesterday). Then today, i received another email from charging install advisor and preparing for Home charging. I got my vin back on May 17, and still sitting in production queue for late June. I'm hoping these folks maybe have visibility into my production window. Any else receive these email updates?

I got all those emails too. Some videos to watch, financing options and some other stuff.

Later on received an email for the configuration and final pricing, and recently got an email to sign the purchase agreement.

Interesting as well. Honestly, you could be waiting on a few of us to finish production this week to transport along with you - hopefully it is the case for us that we are being produced this week to finish up a full train/trucks versus starting a new one and waiting. ;-)

See ya around here in Chicago!

Good luck to you travwill, my Chicago bound 85D now shows being built. I see your vin and mine are pretty close. I'm at work, so I can't update the google spreadsheet.

Good luck to you travwill, my Chicago bound 85D now shows being built. I see your vin and mine are pretty close. I'm at work, so I can't update the google spreadsheet.

Thanks, same. I sure hope it builds this week and by the Sunday 7th deadline I was old by DS. I sold my car as DS told me early June delivery and didn't correct that for a few days with me (so made a deal with a guy to fly in and buy my car). I'm in a rental until MS arrives somewhat.

That and I would hope delivery isn't too long as do people forget we pay $1200 destination/reg fees? That is more than any other brand I've seen, even SUVs like BMW/Lexus are closer to $900.

So I started to receive emails from the owner advisor and local delivery team on what to expect(yesterday). Then today, i received another email from charging install advisor and preparing for Home charging. I got my vin back on May 17, and still sitting in production queue for late June. I'm hoping these folks maybe have visibility into my production window. Any else receive these email updates?

helps to include the quote I guess - I got those emails about one week before mine went into production...

Received a call today from DS letting me know my car should arrive the week of 6/22. Yeah! They must have a different list, because the site still shows in queue.

Ah may not be built yet as well. Mine could arrive on 6/22 (or as late as 6/29). But DS stated it is due to be done with build on this Sunday 6/7. You being even closer to factory would mean yours probably hasn't been built yet as well. Build takes just a few days (day in paint, etc.) overall so could go pretty fast in next few days if so...

This whole guesstimating and lack of transparency stinks. I mean, I can track a toaster I order on Amazon every step of the way... ;-)

Ah may not be built yet as well. Mine could arrive on 6/22 (or as late as 6/29). But DS stated it is due to be done with build on this Sunday 6/7. You being even closer to factory would mean yours probably hasn't been built yet as well. Build takes just a few days (day in paint, etc.) overall so could go pretty fast in next few days if so...

This whole guesstimating and lack of transparency stinks. I mean, I can track a toaster I order on Amazon every step of the way... ;-)

Agreed. I've logged in to My Tesla no less than 4 times a day for the past 35 days, only to see the exact. same. screen. :(

travwill, the latest IL posting that I've seen was a 70D confirm on 5/24 with vin # on 5/24 and production start on 5/29. So IL cars are moving through. You should complain a little bit about someone ordering a month later than you already in production.

My car just showed up at the SC. My wife got there and took pictures while the car carrier was still unloading some. Still, delivery appointment is another 7 days away.
So total transit time for Illinois will be 4 weeks.
Interestingly enough, there is a sticker form the carrier (NA Logistics) on the window with a date of May 11. The day before the car supposedly started production. And the car switched to "Prepared for delivery" a couple days ago even though it only arrived today at the SC.
I'm thinking the online tracker is far from accurate.

I stopped by the service center yesterday to check on my car. I pick it up in the morning, if I can get enough sleep to get up and go get it. Very excited.

Some advice: if you ever trade in your Model S for a new one, don't give up the old one until you get the new one, unless you like pain.

Here's a shot of my car with plastic still on it, the dash showing "factory mode".

IMG_2971.JPG