Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YEAH! Totally don't want to make anyone jealous here as I've already been running late, but just got a call from my DS here in Chicago. My car went into transit after sitting on the lot a while this AM I noticed. Got a call though that said it COULD be here by Monday, so we setup a delivery pickup for next Wednesday now at the SC in Chicago, 6/17! Not even really late June anymore.

So apparently, they throw them on trucks sometimes and not trains. Mine is coming on a truck straight to Chicago SC versus the long train ride now - hopefully safely still.

Gotta pay for it now I guess and totally stoked to get it earliest than expected now still (maybe).

-T

travwill - Did you get any other (good) warning - or did the DS just give you call out of the blue? I'm "In Transit" since last Sunday and closing in on my Late June delivery to North Carolina - and need to start moving money around - so was looking for some advance warning about the delivery and how much my final is. So far no email warnings from Tesla and I haven't bothered connecting with my DS about delivery yet. I'll give it a few more days I guess (only 5 days into transit so far).

travwill - Did you get any other (good) warning - or did the DS just give you call out of the blue? I'm "In Transit" since last Sunday and closing in on my Late June delivery to North Carolina - and need to start moving money around - so was looking for some advance warning about the delivery and how much my final is. So far no email warnings from Tesla and I haven't bothered connecting with my DS about delivery yet. I'll give it a few more days I guess (only 5 days into transit so far).

No, for me it finished build on Mon/Tue. Sat on the lot all week really, went into transit early this AM though. I figured it was on a train finally, but got that call a couple hours later saying "surprise, its on a truck and will likely arrive in Chicago by Monday". So it was pretty quick after transit started for me he called. I also had to react a little and finalize my loan soon and sell some (don't laugh) Bitcoin I was holding onto at a profit at least for cash to use on purchase ;-)

Also, a note that I haven't every gotten any emails from Tesla really. Just that generic one about charging after getting my VIN it was all.

I went from production straight to In transit and I can't believe it's taking a week for a truck to get to Las Vegas. I've never got any emails, just checked status daily. I can't believe the DS doesn't know when to expect a delivery. Mferris, once the car goes into production you should get your docs and the total price so you can go ahead and pay. At least if you pay cash, I'm not sure about financing.

I went from production straight to In transit and I can't believe it's taking a week for a truck to get to Las Vegas. I've never got any emails, just checked status daily. I can't believe the DS doesn't know when to expect a delivery. Mferris, once the car goes into production you should get your docs and the total price so you can go ahead and pay. At least if you pay cash, I'm not sure about financing.

Hmm. Mine is in transit as of last Sunday and I still dont see the docs and total price. Only the order agreement the day I ordered with the price without taxes etc. I'll give it a few more days.

No, for me it finished build on Mon/Tue. Sat on the lot all week really, went into transit early this AM though. I figured it was on a train finally, but got that call a couple hours later saying "surprise, its on a truck and will likely arrive in Chicago by Monday". So it was pretty quick after transit started for me he called. I also had to react a little and finalize my loan soon and sell some (don't laugh) Bitcoin I was holding onto at a profit at least for cash to use on purchase ;-)

Also, a note that I haven't every gotten any emails from Tesla really. Just that generic one about charging after getting my VIN it was all.

Any other Chicago area folks get this good news? I hope travwill's isn't the only one on that truck

Hmm. Mine is in transit as of last Sunday and I still dont see the docs and total price. Only the order agreement the day I ordered with the price without taxes etc. I'll give it a few more days.

I would ask your DS, your purchase agreement and ability to pay should be available. You don't want to wait until the car arrives because it could further delay things. You checked my tesla right?

Any other Chicago area folks get this good news? I hope travwill's isn't the only one on that truck

Yes, would make sense to load at least a few of us on or more I'd say if it is indeed a large truck! Hope you guys get a surprise call in next day or so - so be ready just in case even. This afternoon they swapped myTesla over to make a final payment mode and now I just have to wait in anticipation until next Wed - sure hope it is on time now but I'd be happy with next week really anytime!

Yes, would make sense to load at least a few of us on or more I'd say if it is indeed a large truck! Hope you guys get a surprise call in next day or so - so be ready just in case even. This afternoon they swapped myTesla over to make a final payment mode and now I just have to wait in anticipation until next Wed - sure hope it is on time now but I'd be happy with next week really anytime!
Mine is STILL showing as in production. I ordered the same day as you too! I'll blame the combo of rear seats and the new blue...

- - - Updated - - -

Not for me. :(

Mine is STILL showing as in production. I ordered the same day as you too! I'll blame the combo of rear seats and the new blue...

- - - Updated - - -

Not for me. :(

Ah well soon enough I hope for ya. Maybe they will do the same thing and send a couple more trucks out to save time and meet June deliveries. I'm assuming Tesla wants to report a high number of quarterly deliveries and can't formally until the customer accepts the delivery - so may be a push of faster transit options used here to meet end of June promises.

They do paint in batches so maybe you missed the last blue window and had to wait a bit. Was there some delay with the 3rd row/rear seats I didn't know about? I didn't get them.

Thanks for the great tool, breser! I just entered what little info I have right now. Most of the columns were self-explanatory, but what is the "Earliest delivery date? Yes/No" column about? This has probably been asked before...perhaps it could go into the "How to use" section so it doesn't get asked again?

My car is on train to Chicago, then truck to Cincinnati only to go on another truck to Indy. Would make more sense for me to work with Chicago DS and just take delivery from Illinois instead of Ohio, since my car will go through Indy to get to Cincy. Oh well.

My car is on train to Chicago, then truck to Cincinnati only to go on another truck to Indy. Would make more sense for me to work with Chicago DS and just take delivery from Illinois instead of Ohio, since my car will go through Indy to get to Cincy. Oh well.

Totally and you could have enjoyed that nice ride home I'm sure, but water under the bridge at this point. Hang in there and hope that train & trucks speed up for you.

I'm finding it hard to sleep almost now in anticipation of Wednesday morning! :)

Thanks for the great tool, breser! I just entered what little info I have right now. Most of the columns were self-explanatory, but what is the "Earliest delivery date? Yes/No" column about? This has probably been asked before...perhaps it could go into the "How to use" section so it doesn't get asked again?

Thought this was pretty obvious. Is your delivery date the earliest date possible or did you defer delivery? The purpose of this question is to allow tracking of how quickly Tesla is able to deliver cars. If we include delays introduced by the customer then it throws off the results.

Travwill are you picking up your car on Wed? I sure hope my car arrived over the wknd, I would kinda like it NOW. I'll be calling first thing in the morning. 7 days in transit and it's only a 7.5 hr drive to the factory! :confused:

Yep! I have an appointment for 11AM We'd for pickup.
that is if it arrives in Chicago on Monday like they expect by truck. They then have to prep it etc I guess on Tue first.