Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can request the license plate ezpass transponder from your ezpass. Then you can mount it with long tie wraps on the wide metal cross member behind the nose one.

I used velcro tape stuck to the cross brace behind the nose cone, with the matching tape on the bottom of the EZpass. Since there is no wind, no water, no gravity involved, you don't need zip ties. Mine was on over 2 years and looked new when I moved it to my new S. It has always worked.

Art and Rob, thanks for the tips!

Art, I noticed in another post you gave some clues as to your previous employment in the IT industry, writing some best practices guidelines. Having spent almost 30 years at a major insurance company in New Jersey using products by nearly all of those manufacturers, I have no doubt read some of your work! I was always a big fan of EMC (Dell?????). Thanks in retrospect!!!

How close to your estimated delivery was your actual delivery? I went into production on 11/5 and the estimated delivery window in MyTesla shows 11/19-12/3. Since I'm in Alaska, I don't anticipate that being delivered to me, but at least I can assume it will be at the Seattle Service center getting my extras installed, XPel, etc.

I've updated the sheet.

• Finally added a separate entry for Ludicrous P90D. They are in as P90DL. Those with underlined P90D's have been modified. Everyone else needs to update. I tried to make it auto format to underlined, but Google Sheets doesn't support that.
  • Removed extra rows from the 2015 July/Aug/Sep sheet, consider that closed out.
  • Added 2016 Jan/Feb/Mar sheet (which should be replaced soon, more on that later). Deleted a ton of obsolete options from the sheet (no idea why white leather seats were still in while Signature Red paint was long since gone, guess I forgot). I did leave the old Grey and Tan Leather seat options in, since maybe these will come back. Existing orders that were clearly in 2016 Q1 have been moved to this sheet.

Looks like GuyGadois has added a nice Summary page. But it'll need to be updated for 2016 Q1. But it's getting late so for another day.

Some recurring notes. If you need help with the sheet add a comment on the cell where you need help and I'll get notified and can fix or look into the issue. If you just want to add a note like "Car arrived at Service Center $DATE" then use a note, these don't email me.

Near term I'm planning to replace the sheet. I've added the 2016 Q1 sheet because there's a handful of orders showing up. Consider this a placeholder for something better. This has scaled beyond what we can reasonably use a sheet and with Tesla's growth this isn't going to work much longer. But never fear I have a surprise coming.

Hey thanks Breser for your hard work on the Order Tracking Sheets. The sheets are very informative for prospective and new Model S orderer's.
Can't wait for the Surprise Coming! BTW, did you Tweet That?

Lastly, for all posters here who are ordering PLEASE enter your order's data into the appropriate order tracking sheet.
The order tracking sheets are organized by quarter so the first quarter 2016 was just created by Breser.

To get to the order tracking sheet, please go to the first post in this thread, where the link to the GOOGLE SHEET is located.

Thanks!

@breser, thank you for setting up the Tracking Spreadsheet. I entered my data on Line 32 of the Jan - Mar 2016 Tab. I see that some formulas that calculate days between dates somehow got corrupted. Maybe you or some other moderator can repair those formulas.
Thanks,
Bob

I have to say I'm not the most spreadsheet savy but i'll gladly post my detail here if someone wants to add it.

1 day from order to confirmation. 12/15-12/16
like 8 hours from confirmation to production start. 12/16-12/16
it's a 70
midnight silver
Pano
19"
nextgen black
piano black

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say I'm not the most spreadsheet savy but i'll gladly post my detail here if someone wants to add it.

1 day from order to confirmation. 12/15-12/16
like 8 hours from confirmation to production start. 12/16-12/16
it's a 70
midnight silver
Pano
19"
nextgen black
piano black

disregard doing it for me. I'm an idiot, I figured it out.

@breser, thank you for setting up the Tracking Spreadsheet. I entered my data on Line 32 of the Jan - Mar 2016 Tab. I see that some formulas that calculate days between dates somehow got corrupted. Maybe you or some other moderator can repair those formulas.
Thanks,
Bob

Fixed. I always check these formulas after I add a new sheet and they always get messed up. No idea how that happens