Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Performance Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, went out again this morning. I cannot break 2.28 as my best 0-60, but the flip side is the car will consistently do 2.3s runs back-to-back. It really seems like it would keep going all day long. 2.3 translates to 2.1 or so with 1ft rollout (per Dragy) so I am guessing a better road surface would be good for another .11 sec.

So, went out again this morning. I cannot break 2.28 as my best 0-60, but the flip side is the car will consistently do 2.3s runs back-to-back. It really seems like it would keep going all day long. 2.3 translates to 2.1 or so with 1ft rollout (per Dragy) so I am guessing a better road surface would be good for another .11 sec.

Maybe it will just take a prepped surface to get < 2 seconds. Still though, back-to-back 2.1 0-60 (w/ 1 ft. roll out) is still just flat out crazy. I still wonder if a wheel & tire package in the future may help with this as well (on an un-prepped street surface). Thanks for trying!

I don't think we would need to get fancy. The strip of highway I found is good in that it is lightly travelled, it's has no grade and its zoned for 55 mph, but its old so the surface is rough and it's a bit uneven (wavy). I am guessing I am still traction limited and the tires are getting less than ideal bite. If I can get 2.1s on that, then I would think some nice smooth, flat asphalt or concrete would be good for another 0.1s.

And if you frame-by-frame the video, 0 - 100mph in a hair over 4.5s. Amazing!

Well of course I am. 😁

MT got 0-100 mph in 4.1 s so that does not surprise me.

I am a little curious as to the slope (or grade) of the road in which the run was made. Because those numbers (60-130) and 1/4 times on the street seem rather optimistic. Not sure why the individual did not put that info in the video as it would have answered that question.

As I said in a prior post, this car is going to attract a new kind of bird...lol
Not for long. 0-152-95 mph with oncoming traffic on a simple undivided road.
154 on MO-370 approaching traffic when video stopped.
Drag racing two "Hellcats" at 152 at night on highway with traffic.
162 on same highway, oh damn it doesn't do 200mph yet.
Posts his face and license plate.

Article in InsideEV without a hint of criticism for the reckless driving: Watch Tesla Model S Plaid Go From 100 To 150 MPH In 5 Seconds
Quotes:
"2021 Tesla Plaid Model S. A true street machine."
"New model S Plaid test hit on the street. We didn’t use launch control or drag mode yet as the streets are still a bit damp. That’s right 9.3 on a damp street. These cars are no joke" (my emphasis)

Hell of a 2 days in St. Louis

Last edited:
Reactions: Needsdecaf
Article from InsideEVs. The author Mark Kane is still not criticizing the recklessness of the video unless you count this quote:
"Hopefully, Tesla Model S Plaid drivers will pay attention to what they are doing on the streets."

Well over 120mph past traffic.

Why is InsideEVs encouraging this type of driving on city streets? Their Races and Chases videos are typically on the track.

Comparing a race car with a production car that you can actually purchase for street use is meaningless to me. EV or not.
Reminds me of whenever someone in the media uses a title like “Tesla killer” for a concept car. Until I can buy it and run it on the street, just more vaporware talk, IMHO.
completely agree....post was meant to be in jest (hence the hahah). Did not see anywhere in that article where they compared it to Tesla?