Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Performance Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s remove the videos that encourage or depict dangerous driving, please.
These idiots don't consider that many drivers on the roads do not take note of their surroundings yet alone evaluate how fast a car is approaching.

In the back of my mind I've always thought the bad thing about Tesla's is it puts very dangerous cars in the hands of people who wouldn't even know how to change a flat tyre yet alone appreciate how dangerous a 9 - 10 second car can be on the streets. 150 MPH belongs on a track only, sadly I am sure there is going to be a BIG accident in one of these one day and then Tesla may be pressured to push out some limiting updates.

These idiots don't consider that many drivers on the roads do not take note of their surroundings yet alone evaluate how fast a car is approaching.
Clearly some public roads are safe to do 250km/h.
But those would be very few, and if there are other cars there, then there are NO public roads (outside the auto- bahn / strada) where this is safe- it's not about how good a driver you are, it's not about how good your car is, it's about how OTHER drivers interact with a vehicle that is travelling 100km/h faster than they expect...

Reactions: Maximus023
Clearly some public roads are safe to do 250km/h.
But those would be very few, and if there are other cars there, then there are NO public roads (outside the auto- bahn / strada) where this is safe- it's not about how good a driver you are, it's not about how good your car is, it's about how OTHER drivers interact with a vehicle that is travelling 100km/h faster than they expect...
Soon to be 320km/h when they upgrade the Plaid to 200mph. People are going 162mph already to test the car, and 150 on city streets.

In the back of my mind I've always thought the bad thing about Tesla's is it puts very dangerous cars in the hands of people who wouldn't even know how to change a flat tyre yet alone appreciate how dangerous a 9 - 10 second car can be on the streets. 150 MPH belongs on a track only, sadly I am sure there is going to be a BIG accident in one of these one day and then Tesla may be pressured to push out some limiting updates.

I dunno -- have you ever visited r/IdiotsInCars? :). Folks buying more car than they can handle is a time honored tradition, be it Porsches, Corvettes, Hellcats or, now the Plaid.

You know, I was just a dude, trying to get his car--the Plaid has already bought me more notoriety that I was planning... :)

Lol totally understandable. Someone's ears were burning though because the first one has been posted up on the Dragy leaderboards just now. The user stated in the comments section this was bone stock on stock wheels and tires on the street, I'm presuming 95% SoC as that's what they said for their 1/8th mile published result of 6.06. They got 2.05 for the 1' rollout on the street, which still blows my mind and is right in line with Motortrend's results.

Screenshot_20210628-153709.png

Last edited:
Lol totally understandable. Someone's ears were burning though because the first one has been posted up on the Dragy leaderboards just now. The user stated in the comments section this was bone stock on stock wheels and tires on the street, I'm presuming 95% SoC as that's what they said for their 1/8th mile published result of 6.06. They got 2.05 for the 1' rollout on the street, which still blows my mind and is right in line with Motortrend's results.

View attachment 678969

This was like his first run also.