Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also waiting for X refresh while seriously consider buying an X7 if there is no refresh. X7 M50 provides similar performance with V8 engine while having much better room and build quality.

Sounds like you forgot to test drive them ;) There is no comparison between any ICE vs a Tesla performance variant. No more turbo lag or down shift lag etc. and welcome HOV lane ;)

Reactions: PhaseWhite
Sounds like you forgot to test drive them ;) There is no comparison between any ICE vs a Tesla performance variant. No more turbo lag or down shift lag etc. and welcome HOV lane ;)

Lol of course I did. I think I am a much earlier EV adopter than many here. And I own S (p100d) and 3(LR) and I’ve been using HOV for many years. Do not assume others no know nothing about EV;). As I said, I need a large SUV for family and current model x is just too old to be attractive.

I am curious if any one disagree with my assessment has actually test driven x7(especially the V8 M version) before saying turbo lag and blabla... I believe x7(at least the V8 version) is good choice with great build quality and larger room.

I still love my Tesla, but look forward to a refresh.

Last edited:
I would happily spend another 20K on a X with a X7 cabin.

Why don't you just spend 20K on custom tailoring a Tesla interior for Model X to get best of both worlds, pay to get exactly what you want? Interior is just skin deep.

For me personally, safety, performance, range, space, practicality,reliability, serviceability, are most important factors. I wouldn't pay extra for the appearance of either interior or exterior, but I don't mind if it's nice to begin with (though tastes varie with time and place...).

Last edited:
Getting closer... Tesla needs to pull another demand lever. :cool:

Tesla to reduce Model S price again as Elon Musk takes shot at Lucid - Electrek

Tesla (TSLA) slashes Model S price, now starts at just $71,990 - Electrek

upload_2020-10-14_20-35-16.png

Reactions: SmartElectric
I doubt it... sounds more like software power management.

A source familiar with the matter told Electrek that Tesla has updated its lineup with a new “efficiency package” for each model, resulting in longer range.
Dang! Really? I picked mine up last Friday and now I see the 39 miles range bump. So frustrating. May be they are using newer revised batteries for 2021 variants. I wish it is a software management

Strange, some already got revision h last month. Still a great car!
Oh yeah, it's an amazing car. I've had model 3 for two years and Model S is just a better car without a question. My car's manufacture month is June that's why I dont have H battery but even for H battery I wonder if Tesla will send a software update to bump up the mileage. I wish it'd be for both G and H batteries but one can only hope. I got a great deal on my Model S. It had 11k price reduction since it was a test drive unit so I can't complain much

Oh yeah, it's an amazing car. I've had model 3 for two years and Model S is just a better car without a question. My car's manufacture month is June that's why I dont have H battery but even for H battery I wonder if Tesla will send a software update to bump up the mileage. I wish it'd be for both G and H batteries but one can only hope. I got a great deal on my Model S. It had 11k price reduction since it was a test drive unit so I can't complain much

$11K for 39 miles would be an expensive upgrade to return and buy a new one.

Reactions: umair239
$11K for 39 miles would be an expensive upgrade to return and buy a new one.
You're so right. Since there was a price drop just 3 days after I picked mine I am also getting 3k refund putting the overall discounted price at 14k . So it'll be stupid of me to try to return the car and go through all the crap just to get 39 more miles and pay several thousand more especially when 0-60 time is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.