Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this thread. Imminent - 3/4/5 years (I dont remember when it started it has been so long)

In that time I took delivery of P85D the week before the P90 announcement.
I took delivery of a P100D a month before the dual motor.
I took delivery of model 3 performance 3 weeks ago

change is imminent. Enjoy your car.

Good heavens! Can you tell me when you're getting a Model X and I shall wait a while after that?

Last edited:
Door pockets apparently require considerable engineering at Tesla

I wonder if there are patents related to pockets. Because my Honda minivan has rear seat pockets, but my Chrysler minivan doesn't.

I just want door pockets on my S and larger sun visors. Generally I'm OK with the S interior.

Problem solved! :rolleyes:
You're welcome Elon... :cool:

https://www.amazon.com/Savadicar-Or...orage+Bags&qid=1602974955&s=automotive&sr=1-2

71CppiZE43L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61MOTsgk9VL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Door pockets apparently require considerable engineering at Tesla

The Model X, 3, and Y have them. The front door design on the S and X are similar, at least the interior panels are similar. I think the X panels are slightly taller, but otherwise look the same.

I wonder if there are patents related to pockets. Because my Honda minivan has rear seat pockets, but my Chrysler minivan doesn't.

There are patents related to everything, but there are so many door pocket designs there are ways around it. And even if they are patented, they could modify the Model X design to accommodate the S.

Looks like an acceptable solution, but it says it's for a Jeep.

User BigTeslaGuy and Model S & X Refresh : teslamotors

I used removeddit and was able to recover some, but not all of his comments (i think I’m just incompetent at removeddit lmao so please respond to this comment with any additional info). Here’s his comments:

In response to a user asking about when an X refresh would be available: “Q1 unless they start preorders early”

In response to more questions about timeline of plaid and S refresh - “The refresh coming early will not (Won’t have Roadrunner cells). So it all depends on the actual delivery of ‘plaid’. Based on the images on the site and the ‘announced delivery date’, I believe they are bluffing on the delivery time line. That’s not what the car looks like. The car in the video is not the interior nor the exterior of the next gen. Stats announced match a variant of what I know is scheduled for Q1, which is what makes me suspicious on their delivery timeline.”

In response to another question about whether S refresh will happen: “yes, scheduled for early next year”

In response to question asking what the point of plaid is and how it’s possible without new batteries: “A whole new carbon power train both front and rear”

His/her response to a user asking how the 520 range was possible without new motors, batteries, or pack design: “completely agree with you. 520 range was a surprise. But like I’ve said, the variants I’ve seen are 100 kWh. We’ll see what happens. They (Tesla) may have changed plans after the Lucid announcement”

Response to user asking about date for 3 row Y: “Keep an eye out on the design studio in November”

Response to a user asking what refresh would be coming next year: “interior and exterior”

Response to someone asking about lighting and display count in refresh: “Display count will not decrease.... but it will not stay at 2;)

Status
Not open for further replies.