Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that if a significant redesign / revision was imminent that there would be spy shots of the new model (possibly camouflaged) all over the internet by now? Cold & hot weather testing, high altitude testing, etc.? I'm not convinced anything major is close. I personally think the earliest we might see anything significant will be coincidental to the release of Model S Plaid and I think that is late 2021 or early 2022.

Mike

Does anyone else think that if a significant redesign / revision was imminent that there would be spy shots of the new model (possibly camouflaged) all over the internet by now? Cold & hot weather testing, high altitude testing, etc.? I'm not convinced anything major is close. I personally think the earliest we might see anything significant will be coincidental to the release of Model S Plaid and I think that is late 2021 or early 2022.

Mike
Exactly what I thought, usually closer to Tesla's reveal we woudlve seen some mules testing

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Exactly what I thought, usually closer to Tesla's reveal we woudlve seen some mules testing

For perspective, the 2016 Model S facelift, which was actually a fairly significant refresh that involved a lot of component upgrades and changes, was first spotted on April 7 and officially announced April 12.

You can make the point that Tesla as a company has a fair bit more scrutiny and attention now, but I don't think "we haven't seen it yet" is necessarily an indicator that nothing is happening.

For perspective, the 2016 Model S facelift, which was actually a fairly significant refresh that involved a lot of component upgrades and changes, was first spotted on April 7 and officially announced April 12.

You can make the point that Tesla as a company has a fair bit more scrutiny and attention now, but I don't think "we haven't seen it yet" is necessarily an indicator that nothing is happening.

Thats very true as well, considering that the changes will be mostly cosmetic not much testing will be required.

Exactly! We heard rumors of the 2016 refresh for months before any were spotted. After we saw the changes on April 7th, we went and ordered two S90Ds on April 8th, several days before it was officially unveiled.

I'm not reading 180 pages of hype. I sold my 2013 MS85 in 2018...loved that car. Currently have a model 3 RWD long range and love it too.

I have been in the market for a new MS for 2 years now and waiting for the update. I like the size of the MS over the M3 so i am waiting. I will not buy until the update has arrived as I love the look but am willing to wait as the overall design of the MS is 10 years old. When it comes I will be getting the P100DL (if that exists), unless I am tempted by another manufacturer to buy theirs.

Hurry up Elon, competition is good.

I have bought 2 Model S cars since 2015 and if Elon puts the Model 3/Y, $35,000 dash in the Model S, I will never buy another one.
I have a 2016 Model S that I love. I also have a Model Y and really dislike the touchscreen. I, also, would not purchase another S if it had the 3/Y screen. Compared to the Model S, the Y is a Yugo.

I have bought 2 Model S cars since 2015 and if Elon puts the Model 3/Y, $35,000 dash in the Model S, I will never buy another one.
If the refresh is confirmed before my delivery i will probably wait, if not I will just take delivery the current S is still a great car!

Reactions: aerodyne
update is absolutely imminent which is why I traded my 2018 Model S P100D in at top dollar as current iteration Model S/X depreciation is gonna be nasty. PS. I still own a P100D Model X from 2017 so i'm in that boat too.
Word “imminent” must mean something completely different in Tesla’s dictionary.
What do I know, I’m just a poor immigrant

I still think any funds spent on the refresh will be minimal.

Since 2016, Tesla has been removing features like paint, seat options, and sunroof to lower costs.

I think the refresh will be minor and perhaps incorporate recent M3 changes, like laminated glass on the side windows.

I love the 3 dash. I’d like the S to have the 3 dash concept but with a wider screen and nicer finishes. I really prefer the 3 air vents over the S. Note I own a S and a 3.
Agree. I think it could be classed up with a bigger screen and richer materials. Most people that object seem to be fixated on the “$35,000” part and sneer at sharing a dash configuration with the poors.

I have a 2016 Model S that I love. I also have a Model Y and really dislike the touchscreen. I, also, would not purchase another S if it had the 3/Y screen. Compared to the Model S, the Y is a Yugo.

Let's hope they don't do that as part of the imminent refresh. If so, you can bet it will be on the plaid as well. I'll cancel my reservation if they do..

I love the 3 dash. I’d like the S to have the 3 dash concept but with a wider screen and nicer finishes. I really prefer the 3 air vents over the S. Note I own a S and a 3.
agree....I hate the vents on the "S" because they can not direct air in the right direction....ends up blowing in my face.....I also like the M3 screen but dont like to look over at it.....I wish it was in the MS but keeps the dash screen

VW Radio.jpg
Since the 3 and the Y are now Tesla's bread and butter, I suspect the S & X will only get improvements like the new heat pump, improved glass, better noise reduction and maybe the blacked out trim as an option. Many features, that I paid extra for on my 2015 were made standard or added as standard on later models, like the adjustable suspension, winter package, traffic aware cruise, just to name a few. All this is to say that instead of a major redesign I believe Tesla will continue to enhance the existing model with new and better features as they are developed. P.S. did not get the adjustable suspension at the time but did get winter package and TA-cruise, aka, autopilot and the sunroof, which I never use.
Would not want to lose the AM or FM radio or the multi-function speedometer display.
Maybe they can throw in the world's best AM tuner.... :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.