Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I discussed this with the Tesla rep when I made my reservation in early December. He told me that reserving then would protect me from 'any price increase if there is a refresh'. In fact that was a selling point. I mentioned it here in the forums at the time. Looks like he saved me $11k.

Is that specified in your order agreement? If it's not in writing, the conversation might as well have never happened.

Here's what I see, it's not abundantly clear:

"Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released or changed after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."

But also:

"Purchase Price, Taxes and Official Fees. The purchase price of the Vehicle is indicated in your Vehicle Configuration"

https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?redirect=no&country=US&model_code=ms

Last edited:
Although it would seem obvious based on the pricing, I'm hoping that my "Plaid" reservation from battery day now counts as a "Plaid+" reservation so I don't have to change my config and pay the new 10k FSD price....

Overall, the yoke steering looks like a "neat looking but awful in practice" type of input, and I hope the center screen doesn't look too bolted-on, I'm very pleased with the refresh. Exactly what I was hoping for and can't wait to get my Plaid+. Exterior changes are subtle and the awful chrome is gone. Interior looks fantastic and thank god for ventilated seats again.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Wondering what about my situation....it is all speculation...but what do you guys think?

I ordered performance version.

That no longer exists. Do I get the Plaid version now? or will they try to downgrade me to Long range? I specifically didn't want long range cause i wanted the the speed, etc of performance. So now what?

Thoughts?

Overall, the yoke steering looks like a "neat looking but awful in practice" type of input, and I hope the center screen doesn't look too bolted-on, I'm very pleased with the refresh. Exactly what I was hoping for and can't wait to get my Plaid+. Exterior changes are subtle and the awful chrome is gone. Interior looks fantastic and thank god for ventilated seats again.
Same! They made it clearly look related to the 3/Y, yet distinctly S. I like how the bottom of the screen appears to be flush with the dash, but the top sticks out.

Although it would seem obvious based on the pricing, I'm hoping that my "Plaid" reservation from battery day now counts as a "Plaid+" reservation so I don't have to change my config and pay the new 10k FSD price....

My guess would be no, your plaid reservation would just translate directly to the plaid configuration now. But my fingers are crossed for you.

Reactions: CO_MY
Wondering what about my situation....it is all speculation...but what do you guys think?

That no longer exists. Do I get the Plaid version now? or will they try to downgrade me to Long range? I specifically didn't want long range cause i wanted the the speed, etc of performance. So now what?

Thoughts?

"Old Performance" clearly maps to "Plaid" now.

Prior Plaid reservations are now "Plaid+" based on the specs.

Reactions: byeLT4 and aerodyne

Thoughts?

Same boat. Had carbon fiber, can't get that without plaid now...price increased quite a bit from the performance reservation.

How will gear shifting work? How do you enable and disable AP? How do I activate a wipe and wash or do a quick single wipe? All questions I need answered in addition to how the new steering wheel works for me in real world driving and how well the active noise cancellation works before I can make a decision as to how badly I want this refresh. The answer to the first two questions better not be touch screen; IMO, that would be incredibly annoying.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and 5JMJ
How will gear shifting work? How do you enable and disable AP? How do I activate a wipe and wash or do a quick single wipe? All questions I need answered in addition to how the new steering wheel works for me in real world driving and how well the active noise cancellation works before I can make a decision as to how badly I want this refresh. The answer to the first two questions better not be touch screen; IMO, that would be incredibly annoying.

Voice commands. Press button and say "I need a wipe!"

I agree...but pricing? I agreed to pay said amount for a performance vehicle...and now that the PLAID version is more expensive, i wonder how they handle it?

Yeah. I expect the answer to your question is "sorry, the vehicle you ordered is no longer available. At your preference we can either cancel your order or offer you a $X,000 discount on one of our currently available configurations."

Thoughts?

I think they cancel it. I think that's why it's called "Long Range" not "Long Range+" - just like people with a 7-seat Performance Y order, they just say "Not available - place a new order". None of the existing Performance or LR+ orders are valid anymore because of the name change. Sneaky but "valid".

Status
Not open for further replies.