Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seemed inevitable. The car is just a crazy good value in relation to the 50K more you’re paying for Plaid that…fundamentally has only a essentially a two feature difference (the 1 second better 0-60/& top speed).

While I LOVE the Plaid’s speed, I just can’t mentally justify the 50K for it…In that 0-60 in 3 seconds flat, for me, still feels quite fast and all the interior / exterior is essentially the same car, I think the price point was already quite good.

They’re backed up on delivery timeline cuz of demand for the refresh on the LR vs Plaid.

Suspect this is going to sell well, as exterior is beautiful/timeless/sexy and interior is just…miles better than before!
May be a problem if they pass the new tax credits with a $80 k cap on price.

I don’t think anyone at Tesla is stupid enough to rely on the government doing something to dictate pricing.

They will be reactionary *if* something gets passed.

Reactionary in what way? To increase the price further?

As in, a Fed tax credit that applies to Tesla vehicles of $7,500 gets passed, Tesla then jacks the price to $87,500 (or $92,500).

Reactionary in what way? To increase the price further?

As in, a Fed tax credit that applies to Tesla vehicles of $7,500 gets passed, Tesla then jacks the price to $87,500 (or $92,500).
That is correct.

Last time the credits were being phased out, Tesla lowered all prices in line. I expect with supply and demand being what it is, they will simply raise prices if the credit materializes (which I do not expect it will).