Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S refresh Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WOW! So glad I sold my 2020 MS (for an amazing price) and ordered a new refreshed MS a couple of weeks ago! The new version is one amazing car, based on everything I've been reading. I had ordered FSD for my new MS, mainly to just lock in the $10k price in case the FSD update proves to actually be somewhat useful (and the price rises). I had honestly planned to cancel the FSD before delivery if the new Beta version turns out to be another "nothing-burger," but I wonder if I'd lose my lock on the lower car price if I cancelled the FSD? What if I change my mind on the color? Very interesting...

Reactions: mikes_fsd
WOW! So glad I sold my 2020 MS (for an amazing price) and ordered a new refreshed MS a couple of weeks ago! The new version is one amazing car, based on everything I've been reading. I had ordered FSD for my new MS, mainly to just lock in the $10k price in case the FSD update proves to actually be somewhat useful (and the price rises). I had honestly planned to cancel the FSD before delivery if the new Beta version turns out to be another "nothing-burger," but I wonder if I'd lose my lock on the lower car price if I cancelled the FSD? What if I change my mind on the color? Very interesting...
Generally, if you change your order, the prices are recalculated to current prices.

So the price was:
Oct 2020 $79,990
Jan 2021 $89,990
July 2021 $94,990
Happy I ordered last week. Clearly demand is greater than what they can make.

Price on 1/23/2021 - My old Order Agreement

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 8.38.49 PM.png

Reactions: PNWLeccy
This seemed inevitable. The car is just a crazy good value in relation to the 50K more you’re paying for Plaid that…fundamentally has only a essentially a two feature difference (the 1 second better 0-60/& top speed).

While I LOVE the Plaid’s speed, I just can’t mentally justify the 50K for it…In that 0-60 in 3 seconds flat, for me, still feels quite fast and all the interior / exterior is essentially the same car, I think the price point was already quite good.

They’re backed up on delivery timeline cuz of demand for the refresh on the LR vs Plaid.

Suspect this is going to sell well, as exterior is beautiful/timeless/sexy and interior is just…miles better than before!

Definitely a good "value" (as much as an $80k car can be considered a "value") when you factor in everything. And as far as performance, if this is accurate information, a brand new stock 1LT corvette (tested at 3.3 seconds 0-60) will be in the rear view mirror of a new Long Range..(Yes, to be fair, the vette is cheaper, but its...ICE)

A visit to the dragstrip resulted in 0-60 mph and quarter-mile times of 3.3 seconds and 11.5 seconds.

Reactions: FunSecured