Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While this is certainly fantastic, in relation to where we have been, it is sobering to realize that Tesla has to maintain a rate of 1,667 every month next year and subsequently, to sell the 20,000 per year they are forecasting.

I work with several people who are very interested in the Model S, but not eager enough to put down a deposit without being able to walk in to a store and get a test drive.
When they test drive I am pretty sure they will be much more eager, although the long wait will still be off-putting to many.
Being able to test drive and a shorter wait will help many of those people buy.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Tesla posted a ticker on their website relating to the number of vehicles both produced and delivered on their website? I am sure this would be somewhat daunting to get going, but in the current news vacuum, it would really help reassure us reservation holders that time is indeed passing :rolleyes:

Proofreading has once again failed me... REPOST:

Wouldn't it be interesting if Tesla posted a ticker on their website relating to the number of vehicles both produced and delivered? I am sure this would be somewhat daunting to get going, but in the current relative news vacuum, it would really help reassure us reservation holders that time is indeed passing :rolleyes:

That 2700 number should give some comfort to those with reservation numbers maybe into the 4000 (dare I say 5k) reservation number range getting their car this year. My thinking that with time passing, "life's events" may have taken a higher percentage of early reservation holders out of the system due to them having put their deposits in earlier.

Just wanted to get in the record that Tesla today reported that Model S reservations were at 11,500 as of June 30 2012, and 12,200 as of July 25, 2012. The Reservation self-reporting total is 14,892, so the differential today is about 2700 holes.

That 2,700 hole goes back from the start of our Tally. It would be more accurate to look at the "Net Taly." The "Net New Cancellation Rate" (i.e., net new cancellations for the quarter divided by total reported reservations) has decreased the last two quarters and this last twenty five day period. I'll post the breakdown of that data later this evening, but the bottom line is fewer people canceled their reservation (as a percentage of new reservations) this quarter than last quarter AND the reservation rate is increasing.

I received an e-mail indicating that my request to be put in line for a Signature Series Model S was worth the effort.

I was told that a spot had become available in the Signature Model S queue. I sent my check today and will be receiving a Signature Series
in late October! I'm pretty excited about the news.

I received an e-mail indicating that my request to be put in line for a Signature Series Model S was worth the effort.

I was told that a spot had become available in the Signature Model S queue. I sent my check today and will be receiving a Signature Series

Congrats! Please provide your Signature Number upon receipt.

That's might be 'dude's' from the other thread who'd first looked to selling his spot.

Regardless, congrats!

I got an email this morning indicating that all Sigs (including me) must be finalized (MVPA signed and returned) by Friday or you lose your spot, so I assume there may be a few Sig spots opening up to the waiting list over the next few days.

I just received the email to configure my car. #427. I'll update this with the date when I receive it. I am getting white performance, tan interior, tech package, paint armor and sound studio. Call me crazy, but I'm not getting the wall connector.

Most are calling me crazy for getting it and I think, for the most part, that they're right. I suspect I'll have occasional need/use for it, but I think it will be infrequent and I could probably work around those situations. But, I like knowing I'll have the option. I like the looks. And I like the idea of keeping the standard charging cord in the car at all times as a back up. I'll probably usually charge at 40 amps even with the HPC. Wouldn't be critical of anyone choosing not to get it.