Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation #18,540 Jan 22

Order complete Feb 8
Delivery estimate March 15-30

That was fast. Performance Model S.

Solar City called Saturday regarding install of chargers. I'm already a Solar City customer so my Tesla will run 100% on solar power.

Should I have the car delivered to the Scottsdale Fashion SQuare and make all the Tesla potential buyers jealous?

Reservation #18,540 Jan 22

Order complete Feb 8
Delivery estimate March 15-30

That was fast. Performance Model S.

Solar City called Saturday regarding install of chargers. I'm already a Solar City customer so my Tesla will run 100% on solar power.

Should I have the car delivered to the Scottsdale Fashion SQuare and make all the Tesla potential buyers jealous?

How much do they charge for installation of chargers? Are they over-priced?

Posted on TM forum:

#19019 on 2/6/13

This contradicts other recent feb postings (I believe)

please get the reservation# and date of new customers and post it here (when you know someone with a new reservation). We need the data points.

cschock | FEBRUARY 11, 2013
Production
US
Reservation Sequence Number: 19019
Reservation Date: 2/6/2013
Invited to Configure: 2/8/2013

Posted on TM forum:

#19019 on 2/6/13

This contradicts other recent feb postings (I believe)

I don't believe so. The only other two datapoints I can remember are 18,845 on Feb 1st, and 18,974 on Feb 5th, so this is right in line.

Which, by the way, is an average of over 40 US reservations a day for the first few days of February, up from 30 a day during January.

I wish I had a way of truly quantifying the demographic spread of friends and friends of friends who have gone for a spin in our S. The spread has included liberal progressives, moderate conservatives, even a Tea Partier. across the board, every single person has said this car is revolutionary and that they want one! Tesla has hit the ball out of the park!! I expect the reservation rate to steadily increase as more and more of these actually get out in the wild. nothing shuts up the FUD like the real McCoy!!

If I look at the reported reservation numbers for January and Early February, there were 1101 US reservations between January 2nd and February 6th, which means 31,4 per day. For Europe the score went from 2341 on January 4th to 2732 on February 4th (the reported 2886 on February 6th looks too far off), which means 12,6 per day. Together that makes for 44 cars per day or 308 per week. Not quite the 400 we need, but January will probably be the slowest month of the year, right after the holiday season but also right after the wave of reservations due to the announced price increase. So not a bad score at all.

In Spring the reservation rate will probably be hitting 400. I expect Europe to gain speed after the summer when journalists can make extensive test drives and cars start appearing on the streets.

And Asia and the rest of the world are not even in the picture yet..

And let's not forget the Model X reservations, now at 13,6 per day (between January 19th and February 13th) or 95,5 per week.

Last edited:
I wish I had a way of truly quantifying the demographic spread of friends and friends of friends who have gone for a spin in our S. The spread has included liberal progressives, moderate conservatives, even a Tea Partier. across the board, every single person has said this car is revolutionary and that they want one! Tesla has hit the ball out of the park!! I expect the reservation rate to steadily increase as more and more of these actually get out in the wild. nothing shuts up the FUD like the real McCoy!!

I was surprised as well. At our most recent Tesla meet up here in St. Louis, the organizer (Liz!) said that we were split pretty much 50/50 when it came to political demographics (this came out of discussion on iPhone vs Android ownership).

If I look at the reported reservation numbers for January and Early February, there were 1101 US reservations between January 2nd and February 6th, which means 31,4 per day. For Europe the score went from 2341 on January 4th to 2732 on February 4th (the reported 2886 on February 6th looks too far off), which means 12,6 per day. Together that makes for 44 cars per day or 308 per week. Not quite the 400 we need, but January will probably be the slowest month of the year, right after the holiday season but also right after the wave of reservations due to the announced price increase. So not a bad score at all.

In Spring the reservation rate will probably be hitting 400. I expect Europe to gain speed after the summer when journalists can make extensive test drives and cars start appearing on the streets.

And Asia and the rest of the world are not even in the picture yet..

And let's not forget the Model X reservations, now at 13,6 per day (between January 19th and February 13th) or 95,5 per week.

Hopefully we see February maintain or increase the pace. The lack of activity was getting a bit dispiriting, though the January numbers compared well with the Chevy Volt, and its clear that January is just slow even absent a post price increase hangover. I'll take 308 reservations per week at the slow time of year.

I was surprised as well. At our most recent Tesla meet up here in St. Louis, the organizer (Liz!) said that we were split pretty much 50/50 when it came to political demographics (this came out of discussion on iPhone vs Android ownership).

Back in the 90's when I was still considering myself a Republican (albeit one who voted for Clinton in 96), I supported the California EV mandate because of the obvious improvement in Los Angeles air quality in just my lifetime as a result of such mandates. Negative externalities are a real thing, and it just wasn't very controversial with the California Republicans I knew and supported. But the national security implications were also obviously huge, which appealed to my pro-defense bias in a big way.

Outside of the Koch Brothers/Rupert Murdoch conservabubble there are a lot of reasons for Republicans to like EV's in general and Tesla specifically.

Two new datapoints from the WikiMap:

ZeeMaps <[email protected]>
Feb 12 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Please approve or reject the following entry for your map: Tesla Model S & X Reservations

at: http://www.zeemaps.com/295135/19159

Here's a brief summary of the entry:

Name: 19159

City: Houston, Texas
ZeeMaps <[email protected]>
Feb 12 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Please approve or reject the following entry for your map: Tesla Model S & X Reservations
at: http://www.zeemaps.com/295135/P78_(uk)

Here's a brief summary of the entry:
Name: P78 (uk)
City: Thames Ditton, KT7 0EJ

Description: Reservation #78 UK performance

I don't believe so. The only other two datapoints I can remember are 18,845 on Feb 1st, and 18,974 on Feb 5th, so this is right in line.

Which, by the way, is an average of over 40 US reservations a day for the first few days of February, up from 30 a day during January.

This conversation reminds of the Volt forums where folks worry about reservations. it is like worrying about the weather. ;-)

This conversation reminds of the Volt forums where folks worry about reservations. it is like worrying about the weather. ;-)

I worry about this because this is the future of our automotive industry. Its important to everyone of us that we stop giving money to our shady saudi arabian friends for oil, and instead build our economy. Its important because tesla is the first car company to provide a compelling product that says that the engineering capital of the world is still the United States. This is the first "big deal" company since google, but Tesla builds an actual physical product. 3000 Manufacturing and automotive jobs that are the heart of a strong middle class. Yeah, we're gonna keep breathlessly watching the reservation numbers.

I worry about this because this is the future of our automotive industry. Its important to everyone of us that we stop giving money to our shady saudi arabian friends for oil, and instead build our economy. Its important because tesla is the first car company to provide a compelling product that says that the engineering capital of the world is still the United States. This is the first "big deal" company since google, but Tesla builds an actual physical product. 3000 Manufacturing and automotive jobs that are the heart of a strong middle class. Yeah, we're gonna keep breathlessly watching the reservation numbers.

Amen to that. It also feels good to buy American for a change--although my Toyota was built here in the US. In addition to weaning our selves from the Middle East oil, we should try to wean ourselves from OIL in general. We can't be oil free, but I believe we need to keep the innovations alive so that we can take advantage of the free nuclear powered fusion plant in the sky. Only if we had the budget set aside to build a Dyson sphere--although I doubt that the House would pass such a legislation and I'm sure the Senate would use a filibuster to kill it.