Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S software/firmware changelog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.46 reported to cause LTE to fail. Only fix that works is to pull Fuse #51 for 3 minutes or more. Note, however, that this "fix" is temporary and the problem will reoccur (when and why is unknown).

OTA update to fix this due week of 9/6.
With LTE failure, no app access, no map painting, no Slacker or TuneIn, no voice commands. But thanks, Tesla, for fixing the 3mph shudder. :)

Oh yeah, better have access to a WiFi hotspot, since you won't get an OTA update without it. Pretty much sucks.

2.5.46 (Taylor Swift) introduced a LTE/3G fail has two possible fixes. There is a fuse pull done by the Service Center's reported above and there is a reboot sequenced communicated by the Tesla Roadside Assistance team over the phone and via email. The instructions follow:

1. Unplug usb devices from the center console
2. Place your foot on the brake pedal and hold it down for the duration of the reboot
3. Press and hold both top buttons on the steering wheel for 15 seconds
4. Press and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 15 seconds,
5. When the screen begins to boot up, press and hold both scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 15 seconds AGAIN,
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]5. Wait a couple minutes for the system to reboot and vehicle to reconnect to the cellular towers[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I had to do this fix twice (over the span of two days since I was in a remote area with spotty coverage at best). Once I got back to a metropolitan area with good coverage I have not lost service again.[/FONT]

84d55fcc15c6bbdfc63b37d62b8150aa.jpg

During my 12.5k service yesterday I received firmware 2.7.77 -- I am noticing that the Media Player proportions are different. The control buttons are smaller and shifted to the left. The middle portion that displays the track information and album cover art is smaller and compressed.

2.8.188 - Time and Temp are back as stated, Auto-lane change does NOT require hands on wheel however, any sharp turn steeper than a slight bend will trigger hands on wheel, guess its relative to the degree the steering wheel turns. Depending on the sharpness of the lane change it may trigger, but not always. This version has made changes to auto-parking and now has a "P" surrounded by a dotted line to indicate that parking is available, the symbol reverses its look and has a solid block with an opaque "P" when you are in the correct position to activate auto-parking...takes the guess work out auto-parking. Other notable changes noticed but possibly not documented are the auto-folding mirrors now unfold when car is put in gear instead of when car is turned on, I like this because it eliminates the constant folding and unfolding if you open the doors frequently without going anywhere (e.g. supercharging).

2.8.188 - Time and Temp are back as stated, Auto-lane change does NOT require hands on wheel however, any sharp turn steeper than a slight bend will trigger hands on wheel, guess its relative to the degree the steering wheel turns. Depending on the sharpness of the lane change it may trigger, but not always. This version has made changes to auto-parking and now has a "P" surrounded by a dotted line to indicate that parking is available, the symbol reverses its look and has a solid block with an opaque "P" when you are in the correct position to activate auto-parking...takes the guess work out auto-parking. Other notable changes noticed but possibly not documented are the auto-folding mirrors now unfold when car is put in gear instead of when car is turned on, I like this because it eliminates the constant folding and unfolding if you open the doors frequently without going anywhere (e.g. supercharging).

Hands-on-wheel during a slight turn sounds really annoying. How slight? Like if you are going 65mph on an interstate it will still prompt you?

Hands-on-wheel during a slight turn sounds really annoying. How slight? Like if you are going 65mph on an interstate it will still prompt you?

Its not that bad I would say anything past 1 o'clock on the steering wheel assuming straight is 12 o'clock. I just look at it as anytime I need to turn past 1 I acknowledge/nudge the wheel....not as bad as you would think, but makes sense considering how wonky the car gets on hard turns. You get the visual icon then the audible one if you dont acknowledge.

2.9.40 has just been released. Release notes include the following:
- Recent searches now available from search entry box
- Offline address entry for low network coverage areas
- Auto windshield wiper logic improved

What about this?!?

Just had an update on my P85D. Surprisingly, got this new feature: Launch Mode!
I'm on winter tires so I won't test it but it's definitely intriguing.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/NNOe0hR.png
NNOe0hR.png

Got my car serviced on Dec 22nd and got firmware upgraded to 2.9.68
I was on 2.7.something before. For me, the jump fixed problems with the navigation system (speed, out of synch between dash and main screen, blue line for route disappeared after a few miles, etc).