Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S software/firmware changelog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2.17.37 updated the following systems (from 2.16.17):

CID (Center Display)
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Gateway
Battery Management
Charger Main Control
Charger Phases
Charge Port
Drive Inverter(s)
Pedal Monitor
Stability Control/ABS
Thermal Control
Driver Assistance
Parking Sensors

For those reporting Key issues, it's not related, as the Body/Security Controller was not touched. Maybe just lags in the IC/CID?

And yes, the Destination Chargers, and all similar metadata is not done through the software release system, it comes down routinely. The Navigation maps are also separate.

2.17.37 updated the following systems (from 2.16.17):

CID (Center Display)
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Gateway
Battery Management
Charger Main Control
Charger Phases
Charge Port
Drive Inverter(s)
Pedal Monitor
Stability Control/ABS
Thermal Control
Driver Assistance
Parking Sensors

For those reporting Key issues, it's not related, as the Body/Security Controller was not touched. Maybe just lags in the IC/CID?

And yes, the Destination Chargers, and all similar metadata is not done through the software release system, it comes down routinely. The Navigation maps are also separate.

Since installing 2.17.37 I can only get a 99% charge. I can see the grey gap between 99 and 100 and the slider is as far right as possible. Both Remote S and VT show I have it set at 100%. Could any of those modules be responsible for that? Which?

Since installing 2.17.37 I can only get a 99% charge. I can see the grey gap between 99 and 100 and the slider is as far right as possible. Both Remote S and VT show I have it set at 100%. Could any of those modules be responsible for that? Which?
The pack never actually charges to 100% anyway, it's just semantics. I wouldn't worry about it.

2.18.77 updated the following systems:

CID (Center Display)
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Gateway
Battery Management
Charger Main Control
Charger Phases
Charge Port
Drive Inverter(s)
Pedal Monitor
Thermal Control
Driver Assistance
Parking Brake

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hello,

Received 2.18.77 in the SC this week. I have identified two minor issues:

Issue 1: jerky "white lines" in rearview picture while turning steering-wheel. Should be fluid and was fluid in previous fw v2.17.80
I put the car in reverse. The rear-view camera comes on with the super-imposed white lines. I turn the wheel and the lines don't move for the first moment. Then "ploink" they jump to the position that they should be in related to the wheels new position. This "animation delay / jerkiness" happens throughout moving the wheel left and right until final parking position has been reached: Rotate the wheel, lines do not move, poing they move (jump) and freeze again, poing jumps to the new position again etc. etc. etc.. It's basically a very low framerate at which the lines animate now since i got 2.18.18 and the update to 2.18.77 did not change it.

Issue 2: normally, when Navi has a route entered and driving in a tunnel, a picture of a tunnel with an "exit arch" and a sign with the distance to the end of the tunnel are shown.
Since firmware 2.18.18 however, it just shows a "black hole with a guard-rail" image. No "tunnel exit" and no "distance until end" shown anymore. It's just a static picture which flickers/alternates with the normal "navi route" display. See attachment.

SC installed 2.18.77 in an attempt to fix it but these two issues remain.

Anyone else seen this?

Essentially, FW v2.17.80 was the last FW which worked totally flawless in my car. v2.18.x not so good...

Car: S85 mid 2014 (pre-AP)

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hello,

Issue 1: jerky "white lines" in rearview picture while turning steering-wheel. Should be fluid and was fluid in previous fw v2.17.80
I put the car in reverse. The rear-view camera comes on with the super-imposed white lines. I turn the wheel and the lines don't move for the first moment. Then "ploink" they jump to the position that they should be in related to the wheels new position. This "animation delay / jerkiness" happens throughout moving the wheel left and right until final parking position has been reached: Rotate the wheel, lines do not move, poing they move (jump) and freeze again, poing jumps to the new position again etc. etc. etc.. It's basically a very low framerate at which the lines animate now since i got 2.18.18 and the update to 2.18.77 did not change it.

Issue 2: normally, when Navi has a route entered and driving in a tunnel, a picture of a tunnel with an "exit arch" and a sign with the distance to the end of the tunnel are shown.
Since firmware 2.18.18 however, it just shows a "black hole with a guard-rail" image. No "tunnel exit" and no "distance until end" shown anymore. It's just a static picture which flickers/alternates with the normal "navi route" display. See attachment.

Anyone else seen this?

Essentially, FW v2.17.80 was the last FW which worked totally flawless in my car. v2.18.x not so good...

Not related to those 2 bugs, but how can you get the odometer with much details like that? Mine just a normal boring one.

I have the same issue with the tunnel. I'm still driving 2.17.x. Recently I did receive an updated map.

Hello,

Anyone else seen this?