Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S software/firmware changelog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2813.jpg
IMG_2818 (2).jpg

Just picked up my Model S from Tesla Service Center. New update 5.6.
I have been told that they have started the official roll out.
New great features as in the Wiki page. I will share some pics tomorrow.

Pics from some of the key features:
New Map Look
Capable to charge at 120KWh
Wifi connection
Energy Saving (does not drain battery while not charged)

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 86
This morning I received an OTA update to 5.8.8, ver 1.49.90 . Release notes described it as a maintenance update with changes to charging performance and other changes. Nothing more.

i have not had any time to look around re any noticeable changes.

Here's the version on a SC loaner we received on 3/19. We pickup ours today, upgraded too (if it's different I'll let you know). I didn't notice any difference yet, and as you can see there's nothing new mentioned in the release notes.

v5.8.10 (1.49.95)
...is a maintenance release consisting of charging improvements and other minor enhancements.

photo.JPG

Hi! It's my first time editing the article... please correct it to the right format or grammar if it's wrong =X...

Updated 5.8.10 with:
Auto wipers on second setting senses rain much better and wipes the windshield quicker without having to manually turn it to max speed to compensate for faster rain drops and will automatically slow down wiping speed when stopped at a light. Confirmed with Tesla SC - Littodevil

And 5.9 with:
Allows more access to full battery power longer at an even lower battery state than before. The yellow dash line (power limit indicator) on dash doesn't show up as early as prior to update. Confirmed with SC - Littodevil

Cheers!
Larry

v1.51.106 is out

Received the update from 1.51.94 to 1.51.106 yesterday. No new features I can tell with my car configuration and location. GPS location of the car as seen from the Android App, iOS app and Visible Tesla is not as accurate. I have not checked the Navigation in the car to see if the accuracy problem exists there or not, I'll check this afternoon. Sometimes it even shows the car pointing 180° out or about 20 feet off.

Received an update at the Seattle Service Center on 12/6/14. Went from 6.0 (1.67.43) to 6.0 (2.0.72). Invoice listed the upgrade version as "2.00.72U". Not sure what the "U" stands for. No new features for my older vin car so it probably includes features for some of the new hardware I don't have.