Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing this has nothing to do with the 0-60 time. I think they just changed the throttle mapping. If you stab it to the floor it won't make any difference before/after.
There's a throttle in my car? :confused: I guess you didn't mean that in the strictest sense. I was fairly sure I didn't have a carburetor. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I learned today that the software upgrades are rolled out by location. So, one location at a time. Not by VIN or reservation number. Some people do get them early (I'm looking at you cinergi) because they're beta testing, etc... but the "masses" get it by region. Also learned that they will roll them out more quickly in the future as they gain confidence in the servers/network/systems/testing.
Well it hasn't been rolled out in the Chicago region yet.:crying:

I learned today that the software upgrades are rolled out by location. So, one location at a time. Not by VIN or reservation number. Some people do get them early (I'm looking at you cinergi) because they're beta testing, etc... but the "masses" get it by region. Also learned that they will roll them out more quickly in the future as they gain confidence in the servers/network/systems/testing.

I don't know WHAT you're talking about ...

I've been living with 4.0 for 24 hours. Did have the cruise control throw an error and disable itself, but the error message told me it would be OK once I restarted the car. And it was.

I have a non-Perf Sig and can't tell there's any improvement in performance from the new throttle mapping. If anything, it seems a little jerkier when feathering between accel and regen braking.

The location-sensitive HomeLink scheme does me no good because my two programmed selections are for two garage bays in the same location. I also had a glitch arriving at home tonight: I launched the HomeLink dropdown befor I was close enough to the driveway, when both selections were still white. Just as I touched the selection I wanted it turned green as I came 'in range'. The garage door started up and then stopped halfway. It took me several tries to get it to move either up or down, definitely not something I've had trouble with before.

Went out to the car again just now to check for an update notification, but alas, nothing. I even phoned Tesla today as my 17" screen crashed twice today and once yesterday, so I was really hoping for the update.

On the plus side, I finally managed to (I hope) get my reverse auto-tilt mirrors to work. Hopefully they work again in the morning.

Hey Tesla,

Why not do like Tesla did for the Get Amped Tour?

This time send an email asking:
New software is available for your Tesla, when would you like to be queued for installation?
1. I want my update NOW!
2. Give me a week or so for the early adopters!
3. Whenever. I'll wait and see!

VIN 748 chooses #1.

Hey, that is appreciated. But I opened my Frunk today and it was full of engine. I am totally miffed.

I thought everyone would like to see ModelS1070 car. It is a real beauty. It will be a great ICE car for his long trips:smile:
Volvo.JPG

I doubt there will be any updates sent over the weekend since if there are any issues the engineers might have to work the weekend to fix them. If I was an engineer at Tesla I would prefer to release it Monday to Thursday.

Though I agree with you byt, I would think the Bay Area would get the updates first. But "next week" is here as of an hour ago. =) So not much longer now.