Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Znino, the tire pressure sensor is very sensitive. Not really a software issue. The 21 inch want 42 lbs and the 19 wants 45 lbs. winter tires versus summer do not get different pressures. That is pre2000 thinking.

Got it. So if its a threshold issue. It would stand to reason that there is somewhere in the cars settings that tell the system to generate a fault if pressure is below a given preset value X. If my 19 are properly inflated at 45lbs why would the system see a low pressure if the internal threshold was set for the 21 inch at 42 lbs. I'm a little confused.

Some weird stuff going on. I've had the washer fluid error since day one of v4.0 but this evening got tire pressure warnings also, plus rear passenger door wouldn't open (handle LED was flashing) and the reversing camera screen is "floating" outside the frame again. Picture has also changed to 19" wheels. Screen is still showing v4.0. Nothing critical but mail to Tesla Service will go in the morning JIC.

Mark (Service Manager in Tampa) called me 8 minutes after I sent my e-mail. Combination of things that will be fixed by v4.1 and a Ranger visit to check the door handle and tire pressure limits. Great service on a Saturday morning.

Question. It is perhaps possible that on the Energy screen, even though my car is set up for Km rather than miles, it still is showing the graph for
Wh/Mile instead of Wh/KM? The graph actually says Wh/Km but my average over the last 50Km says 303 and that is way higher than I would expect, even in winter weather. My roadster over the same conditions and 50Km is closer to 190 Wh/km. that is why i am doubting the 303. Does anyone know if this is a software bug?

I received 4.1 this morning. Windshield wiper fluid error gone, now I have a low tire pressure error. Living in SoCal, I doubt it is a winter vs summer tire issue. Is this a new error for 4.1?

I got the tire pressure warning last night; wondered if that was due to our temp drop yesterday (we hit a low of 59F!!). When our Service Manager called this morning he thought that the limits may need adjusting and the Ranger is going to drop by next week and take care of it.

Question. It is perhaps possible that on the Energy screen, even though my car is set up for Km rather than miles, it still is showing the graph for
Wh/Mile instead of Wh/KM? The graph actually says Wh/Km but my average over the last 50Km says 303 and that is way higher than I would expect, even in winter weather. My roadster over the same conditions and 50Km is closer to 190 Wh/km. that is why i am doubting the 303. Does anyone know if this is a software bug?

What happens if you visit settings and change it to miles?
I'm averaging nearly 400 Wh/m ... it's much harder to get low numbers in the Model S than it is in the Roadster. You'd need to tell us about the details of the driving involved in the lat 50Km ...

Just installed V4.1 (already had V4.0). The updated version is 1.17.29

There are no release notes for this update beyond saying that it is a "maintenance" update and referring back to the V4.0 release notes. It would have been nice to know which bugs got fixed without having to run through the entire panoply of items. Nevertheless, this was a quick response to our concerns and just another illustration of how different Tesla is from other manufacturers in almost any field.

Last edited:
I got the tire pressure warning last night; wondered if that was due to our temp drop yesterday (we hit a low of 59F!!). When our Service Manager called this morning he thought that the limits may need adjusting and the Ranger is going to drop by next week and take care of it.

I got that with v4.0 last week once. Was a bit cold, but no other explaination...went away after about a mile of driving.

Heh. In the NW, actually South Coast BC Canada (Lotus Land of the country) we haven't seen a high that lofty for at least a month. Everyone would be in short-sleeves if we did.

was reported by a canadian driver too!

mentioned it when he reported on his 1st drive home

think his id doug_g