Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same with me. I got in my car and the 4.0 update notification was waiting for me right away. Did the update about 30 minutes after picking it up.

I'm still (im)patiently waiting for the update. I sent a note to ownership[at]teslamotors to see if they're still sending it out to "older" cars, or waiting for 4.1. I would just like to know either way, because now I have that expectation every time I get in the car that I may see the alarm clock, but if I knew they were waiting for 4.1 I could stop that and just wait until they start pushing 4.1 out. Excited to get rid of the bugs I've got right now, particularly with the bluetooth (one phone won't connect at all, one won't connect my media).

I'm still (im)patiently waiting for the update. I sent a note to ownership[at]teslamotors to see if they're still sending it out to "older" cars, or waiting for 4.1. I would just like to know either way, because now I have that expectation every time I get in the car that I may see the alarm clock, but if I knew they were waiting for 4.1 I could stop that and just wait until they start pushing 4.1 out. Excited to get rid of the bugs I've got right now, particularly with the bluetooth (one phone won't connect at all, one won't connect my media).

I still make 2-3 visits each night to my car looking for that damn notification.. wife thinks Im nuts.

I got confirmation that they're waiting to release 4.1. And won't bother updating us to 4.0 first. 4.1 should be released in a few weeks (whatever that means!). The "good" news is that we don't need to keep checking our cars for the update -- at least until we hear about the rollout of 4.1, if you are a Sig without 4.0 you probably won't get it and will eventually go straight to 4.1 soon after its released.

Back on teslamotors.com it was just reported that someone received 1.17.52 yesterday for VIN#1851 in NJ. Was this an error or do we have a new build beyond the 1.17.50 that has already been widely reported as the "4.0"? Anyone else receive this yet?

Back on teslamotors.com it was just reported that someone received 1.17.52 yesterday for VIN#1851 in NJ. Was this an error or do we have a new build beyond the 1.17.50 that has already been widely reported as the "4.0"? Anyone else receive this yet?

I've heard there are multiple versions of '4.0' all labeled 1.17.50. Did they say if 1.17.52 was called 4.1?

The update my car received yesterday (and installed last night) is reported as "v4.0 (1.17.52)". Still doesn't show the correct color or wheels on the car, though.