Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The feature I'd like to see the most is a setting where you can choose to prevent the TACC from ever applying regen or brakes. That or just an option for dumb cruise control like the old cars had. I find all the false positives that have the car braking on its own pretty annoying, but what really makes me mad is I finally had a car pull out in front of me and not only did the car not brake, but it didn't even do the audible warning. I had to threshold brake from 60 mph down to about 10 mph for traffic that the car didn't even see.

The feature I'd like to see the most is a setting where you can choose to prevent the TACC from ever applying regen or brakes. That or just an option for dumb cruise control like the old cars had. I find all the false positives that have the car braking on its own pretty annoying, but what really makes me mad is I finally had a car pull out in front of me and not only did the car not brake, but it didn't even do the audible warning. I had to threshold brake from 60 mph down to about 10 mph for traffic that the car didn't even see.
Agreed wholeheartedly. And when a little bit of fog hits and cruise control refuses to maintain your set speed, because it thinks it can't see well enough.

It sends me up the wall every time TACC tries to nanny me like that, when FSD continuously reminds me that I'm supposed to be the one driving, in control, and liable. If I'm in control, then let me decide how fast is safe!

The blind-spot camera, appearing on the screen(to the right of the driver) when making a left turn is counter-intuitive for me. I much prefer the warning indicator in the direction I am looking in. I know that these are all stepping stones to the ultimate vision(no pun intended) of doing away with the sideview mirrors altogether, and _perhaps_ replacing them with LCD inside the vehicle approximately within the same field of vision of where one would look for the left and right mirrors. Until then who says we need an led ON the mirror - it could be placed on the left and right sides of the dash, or doors - still within your field of view when looking at the sideview mirror.

Replying to my own thread - look, the Cybertrk has this!
1708049923946.png

[Full Video]

Here are some things I would like to see,

UI Based Improvements
1. Increase the icon size of the bottom task/function bar.
2. A second persistent task/control bar where we could add common functionality (Fog light, Suspenion, Steering, etc) or enable the option to add more vehicle functionality to the existing bar.
3. Drive Modes or custom modes where I can save specific suspension/Steering/ride heights. Enable this to be added to the bottom task bar as a 'Drive Mode' button.
4. Make it so that the screen can have multiple zones for different options. Maps, Media and Car Controls. I don't need to have a full screen view of the maps all the time, and enable to it so it can be resized to any way and layout.
5. Make the Left Scroll Wheel options customizable with the options I want, half the stuff that is pre-programmed is barely usefull.
6. Where are my driver display customization ??

Media Improvements
USB drive based media needs a complete overhaul, as right now the entire interface is optimized for streaming apps only.
Some of the improvements I would like to see are,
1. Album Art based 'Album view' and not a scrolling list.
2. When one album finishes playing (In Albums) automatically go to the next album or song. This applies to all views.
3. When you are playing in track window and come back to the tracks window, go to the track/file that is currently playing.
4. When a current Album/track is playing, list all the Next tracks/Albums in the Standard Media window in the 'Next' tab, similar to how it's displayed when using streaming apps (Spotify/Apple Music). Right now, regardless of what USB media you are playing Next will only show all relevant Streaming app next options.
5. Support WAV RIFF tags
6. Enable Media Controls/View in the Driver display with the Left Scroll Wheel option.

APP Features:
1. For Smart Summon enable the camera view and potentially App enabled controls.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_hyde
No, and the yoke is not much better. The lower left corner of the display is blocked, which means you are "feeling" for the car icon if you want to open settings.

I am laughing at the suggestion to put the word "TESLA" there.
I see. I figured they wouldn't want a black bar there to shift things right but putting important things there like the gear selector isn't ideal. That and the car icon to get to settings are both blocked from view.

No, and the yoke is not much better. The lower left corner of the display is blocked, which means you are "feeling" for the car icon if you want to open settings.

I am laughing at the suggestion to put the word "TESLA" there.
You can swipe the left edge of the screen (left to right) to bring up the car controls as well instead of hitting the car icon.

I see. I figured they wouldn't want a black bar there to shift things right but putting important things there like the gear selector isn't ideal. That and the car icon to get to settings are both blocked from view.
Are you really missing the gear selector that much with the wheel? Up is drive, down is reverse? Not like you are reading nuclear codes off the shifter.

Are you really missing the gear selector that much with the wheel? Up is drive, down is reverse? Not like you are reading nuclear codes off the shifter.
It's very narrow and reverse is blocked by the wheel without me moving my head so yes, they could make it easier to simply swipe up and down. But I have a button for reverse now anyway so far easier and faster to hit that. It's just a bad UI. Massive screen yet you need to hit a small thing target blocked from view in part. That's a good thing?

It's very narrow and reverse is blocked by the wheel without me moving my head so yes, they could make it easier to simply swipe up and down. But I have a button for reverse now anyway so far easier and faster to hit that. It's just a bad UI. Massive screen yet you need to hit a small thing target blocked from view in part. That's a good thing?
I am confused - that is all you do is swipe up or down and it goes into gear? That’s how it works. Can you post a video of it ‘not working’?

I am confused - that is all you do is swipe up or down and it goes into gear? That’s how it works. Can you post a video of it ‘not working’?
It works, the target is narrow and partially blocked from view. It doesn't have to be. It's an LCD screen so they can program it to look however they want. This is a software wishlist thread, that's my request. Make it suck less.

Reactions: cwanja