Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see more of the critical information for small LCD screen behind the steering wheel moved more to the center so it's not blocked by the round steering wheel. Wasn't an issue in the 2012 Model S with larger steering wheel.

Same for the center screen. Move some of the information rightwards so it's not blocked by right side of steering wheel from view.

Started this thread 2 weeks before I got my Model S and I'm selling my P85 today and getting my long range Model S. It's been a great car with so many upgrades via software alone. Tesla really didn't something right with the original Model S. Hoping they can do even more when they redesign it at some point from ground up.
Yeah the refresh was not designed for a steering wheel, annoyingly. Many of us experience the cut-off image on that driver’s display. That’s why I haven’t switched to the steering wheel.

Yeah the refresh was not designed for a steering wheel, annoyingly. Many of us experience the cut-off image on that driver’s display. That’s why I haven’t switched to the steering wheel.
Seems like such a minor thing to do but maybe not. I doubt they'd want two interfaces (yoke and steering wheel) so we're really only talking about moving things over an inch or so on the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
I'd like the UI for the small screen (as many others have pointed out) in the 2021+ Model S to be more center in view for round steering wheel. And when you're driving it, make the animations less busy. The speed should be more front and center.

It would be nice if we could choose to disable the blind spot camera when we are signaling but are stopped at an intersection- such as waiting to turn left at a stoplight, or turning right. I do not find the camera helpful at all but rather distracting.
You can hit the X
I think the intention behind the post was to have logic (vision) identify when the turn signal makes sense or not.

No. I do need to change the volume. I haven't noticed it working and if it does, it's terrible compared to other vehicles I've had.
Works just great for me, so I don't know what to tell you. If you think about it, setting the volume to 6 or 7 when going 70mph would be significantly louder to the listener at lower speeds due to road noise being reduced. This isn't the case. It definitely works.

Works just great for me, so I don't know what to tell you. If you think about it, setting the volume to 6 or 7 when going 70mph would be significantly louder to the listener at lower speeds due to road noise being reduced. This isn't the case. It definitely works.
If I'm driving at lower speeds and listening to 7, I typically turn it up to 8 or 9 at higher speeds. Looking on Reddit, most say they don't believe they have it, either.

If I'm driving at lower speeds and listening to 7, I typically turn it up to 8 or 9 at higher speeds. Looking on Reddit, most say they don't believe they have it, either.
They're wrong. I suspect this can be proven scientifically by placing a meter near the speaker, but I'm certain the car has speed-dependent volume. Depending on the road surface I'll notice it specifically when it gets louder, which means I don't think the interior headrest microphones are a factor, - just raw speed data.

I wish they'd double or triple the width of the gear selector and move it a bit to the right away from being hidden by steering wheel (round at least). It disappears when in drive anyway so don't see why that'd be an issue on such a large screen.

Not sure if it has been mentioned - would appreciate having one or more passenger seat memory settings, as well as the ability to control all of the passenger seat adjustment settings remotely by the driver (not just move forward/back like is now available). My 21' X5M had a passenger seat button that, once pressed, allowed the driver full control over the passenger seat using the driver seat controls. Heated/cooled cupholders would be a nice bonus.

Reactions: cwanja