Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if others are having this issue (particularly the northwest owners with our nice weather during this season), but the front windows and windshield fog up pretty easily and i find myself hitting the front defrost button frequently. This puts the fan on full blast and heat to max (as of last 4.x update), so i end up manually toggling it on and off. Wonder if they could just program the thing to keep a slight bit of heat going towards the front windows and windshield (a front defrost-lite?).

I got my car yesterday and immediately noticed heavy fogging on the windshield and left side windows. Full defrost was the only way to get it to reduce and, even then, it never got completely clear. I think there might also be some residue from the delivery detailing on the windows that may be impacting this because it almost looked like specific rectangular shape of fogging on the windshield. I will try rubbing it down with a clean cloth.

I also noticed there is no directed vent to the side window. this is quite strange. Means the only air that can get to the side window is from the forward windscreen vent. Trying to get air from the left front vent to the window is almost impossible.

A few quickies from me:

• Speed-sensitive volume adjustment
  • Volume level consistency when streaming slacker (not sure if they can control this)
  • Tweak to the "auto" wipers to be more sensitive and accurate
  • A "door open" setting of the driver profiles so that I can set seat and wheel position during ingress and egress

I got my car yesterday and immediately noticed heavy fogging on the windshield and left side windows. Full defrost was the only way to get it to reduce and, even then, it never got completely clear. I think there might also be some residue from the delivery detailing on the windows that may be impacting this because it almost looked like specific rectangular shape of fogging on the windshield. I will try rubbing it down with a clean cloth.
Yes, give the inside of the glass a good scrubbing after delivery. I use this: Invisible Glass | No Streaks | Glass Cleaner It made a huge difference with the fogging.

My #1 biggest wish list item is user configurable HVAC profiles, easily activated with a button press. I'd like to be able to configure a few presets the way I want them, such as "maintenance defog". The built-in defog button is full heat full air, which is only tolerable for a few minutes, and when you turn it off it doesn't go back to your previous settings... and then your windows fog over again. I'm simply having to fiddle with the settings too much while driving, and it's distracting.

x-posting from another thread about roadway clearance and a post about making the suspension a scroll wheel item:

Originally Posted by mknox
Sounds like they should make that an option for one of the steering wheel controls.

yes +1. i even asked my rep about this when i picked up the car.. hope they're adding it.

i would also like to see a drop down menu on the 17" screen for favorites. i.e., maybe it would look like the little squares that let you select upper or lower pane for the apps, i think a favorites button in the menu at the very top, which could take say 6 or 8 favorites, that could be screen layouts (1 for your main, e.g. nav on top, media bottom; and another for an alt, nav on bottom, energy on top, etc), or system screen locations, like the panoramic sunroof screen, or the driving panel where the lights controls are... etc. i would VERY MUCH appreciate this. just a little finger swipe and i'm in the config i want to be in. would be good.

This is a very minor issue, but I would like to see the ability to accept self-signed certificates within the browser. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when browsing to my personal web mail server over SSL, the browser threw an error. I suspect it is because my server uses an invalid, self-signed certificate. Also, tabbed browsing would be nice.

This is a very minor issue, but I would like to see the ability to accept self-signed certificates within the browser. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but when browsing to my personal web mail server over SSL, the browser threw an error. I suspect it is because my server uses an invalid, self-signed certificate. Also, tabbed browsing would be nice.
"Please make my browser less secure?"

Definitely make it a setting rather than the default.

StartSSLâ„¢ Certificates & Public Key Infrastructure

You can get a signed certificate for free from them. They also do unlimited wildcards for $60/2years and unlimited EV certificates for $199/2years. It's pretty sweet, though sometimes the website is slow.

- - - Updated - - -

If you sign your own certificates, it's not less secure to use them, so the browser should allow that.

It's not less secure, just less trustworthy. If you can set up a man-in-the-middle attack with a certificate for paypal.com and the browser doesn't prompt you when that certificate is self-signed, then you could be an unknowing victim of an attack.

It's not less secure, just less trustworthy. If you can set up a man-in-the-middle attack with a certificate for paypal.com and the browser doesn't prompt you when that certificate is self-signed, then you could be an unknowing victim of an attack.

I was referring to your own certificates for your own site so that you could log into it. Not for public use :)

Here is my list:
  • Provide an on-board calculator for driver to key in the amperage and display the amount of time to charge. I would also accept a display of % SOC or number of kWh remain, in which, I could calculate in my head. Right now, you can only see charge time AFTER the charging session is started.
  • Allow for time charging.
  • Allow for pre-set charging level: i.e. driver inputs % of charge level such as 70%, 80%, etc.
  • Allow for display of map when out of 3G zone.
  • Map to interactively display charging station locations, while you move. And not needing to use google search.
  • Provide an option to extend the visors for short people.
  • Allow download of screen photos (either via usb, G3, or the future wifi function).
  • Display tire pressures for each of the 4 tires.
  • Allow for electrically retract the two side mirrors.

Feature Request : Battery Temperature Display

With all the talk of keeping the battery warm, and how much energy / time it takes.. wouldn't it be a good idea to actually show the Battery temperature on the screen somewhere ?.. and perhaps with markers to show its desired temperature range.. .. and to truly 'geek it out', if the battery is being heated / cooled - to show how much energy is going into getting the battery warmed up / or cooled down.