Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A update just happened for Camper Mode!
Please specify a little more about your firmware release and what MS you have (e.g. 90D, AP1 or AP2, etc) if you actually have this feature yourself, opposed to only the press and YouTube video pre-announcement.

I do not have Camper Mode that I can find (blank release notes) in 2017.40.1-e29b97f installed by my SvC on 10/12 -- which from the tracker appears to be the latest and greatest firmware available in the fleet.

Please specify a little more about your firmware release and what MS you have (e.g. 90D, AP1 or AP2, etc) if you actually have this feature yourself, opposed to only the press and YouTube video pre-announcement.

I do not have Camper Mode that I can find (blank release notes) in 2017.40.1-e29b97f installed by my SvC on 10/12 -- which from the tracker appears to be the latest and greatest firmware available in the fleet.
I just checked mine as well and I have the lastest update too, and no camper mode. I have a Model S 2016. I am looking forward to this option because I camp in my MS often on trips and dirtbiking

I just took delivery of my early September build 90D Model S and yes it has camper mode.

32957849-4053-48DB-9BDF-C4C74A7A03A1.jpeg

• ability to switch the center console to sleep mode and have it wake up at a touch
  • radio off in one touch instead of having to scroll or push volume down multiple times
  • jump to the next/prev favorite radio station when hitting the up/down buttons near the left scroll wheel (now it scans frequencies or something, this is such an obvious thing that maybe I missed some setting ?)
  • make the scroll wheels tougher to scroll: temperatures are always going up and down...
  • make the navigation as good as Waze
  • charge times: have multiple time windows with start and stop times, not just a "start at..."
  • make summon smarter: I need to make a rather complex manoeuvre to get my car out of the car port, it would be nice if the car could learn that

I have my 90D for less than a week, the list will grow. :D