Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure that's how low operates--it just passes through outside air (or recycled air) with no heating.
I had some cool weather in the 40s and got to run the test: I did get warm air coming out of the vents when I turned on the climate control system with the heater set at "Lo". So, it appears that "Lo" does not keep the heater off. Anyway, not having a "heater off" button like the "AC off" one makes no sense to me.

I always thought A/C means the A/C (cooler) when the HVAC is trying to cool the cabin, and A/C means the heater when the HVAC is trying to heat the cabin. Is that not the case?

I mean does turning the A/C to off, while the HVAC is still on - doesn't that turn the heat off when it's cold outside?

- Would like to have Text to Voice which would read incoming text messages to your phone. Ford and others have that capability
- When I park, the steering wheel needs to move back and away to make it waister to get out of the vehicle.
- Navigate and Autonomous navigation mode needs to show speed limit on the current road (on cars without autopilot)
- Need better smarter Weather Radar & weather display rather than just some image on a web page. Perhaps a Weather App.
- More robust voice commands such as phone dialing. No reason it can't be completely hands free.
- I don't know if this can be addressed in software but the Speaker Phone is terrible on both ends. Many cars our there you can't even tell that the person in the car in on a speaker phone... Again, Ford, Hyundai, Genesis, and others...

I'd like Model S to resume playing of a Bluetooth connected device when I re-enter into the car. Ford is doing that, why not Tesla?!

Also, I'd like to have the ability to set Summon to close the garage door when entering the garage but not when the car is exiting, because I still would be inside my garage!

- I don't know if this can be addressed in software but the Speaker Phone is terrible on both ends. Many cars our there you can't even tell that the person in the car in on a speaker phone... Again, Ford, Hyundai, Genesis, and others...

I have the opposite experience -- most people I talk to can't tell I'm in the car until I mention it, and they say "oh, you're in the car, I couldn't tell!". I find the speakerphone among the best of any car I've used or rented.

Reactions: msnow
- Would like to have Text to Voice which would read incoming text messages to your phone. Ford and others have that capability
- When I park, the steering wheel needs to move back and away to make it waister to get out of the vehicle.
- Navigate and Autonomous navigation mode needs to show speed limit on the current road (on cars without autopilot)
- Need better smarter Weather Radar & weather display rather than just some image on a web page. Perhaps a Weather App.
- More robust voice commands such as phone dialing. No reason it can't be completely hands free.

I find most people can't even tell i'm in car, like others said I think it's one of the better ones I've used. However, if window or sunroof is even cracked its terrible but thats expected. I will say that the voice recognition for contacts seems to struggle most days.

I always thought A/C means the A/C (cooler) when the HVAC is trying to cool the cabin, and A/C means the heater when the HVAC is trying to heat the cabin. Is that not the case?

I mean does turning the A/C to off, while the HVAC is still on - doesn't that turn the heat off when it's cold outside?
No, it does not. I find that the heater runs even when I have selected "AC off" on the custom menu. Which is why I want a separate "heat off" button so I can blow fresh air into the car or to defog the windshield without using heat. Nissan made this mistake in the original LEAF but they fixed it (after complaints) in the 2013 and later models. Seems like a "no-brainer" in any EV!

Reactions: markn455
Don't know if this has been requested.

An auto-centering feature on the Maps, where you can either voice command, "map center" or have a button icon to center the map on to you (red arrow).

I find myself driving off my map field of view and then having to drag and re-center the map to find my current position.

Don't know if this has been requested.

An auto-centering feature on the Maps, where you can either voice command, "map center" or have a button icon to center the map on to you (red arrow).

I find myself driving off my map field of view and then having to drag and re-center the map to find my current position.

There is a button right above the map next to the search box. It's been there from the very beginning. Not sure I understood your request right. The voice command is missing, but voice commands are a joke anyway.