Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh how I wish the User Profile was selectable from the app! Every other MFG puts the buttons on the door, and my wife is much shorter than I am so I can't just hop in and adjust the seat to my settings. Since its setting is in the CID, I don't see a good reason why it can't be part of the app. The only concern might be that someone besides the driver could move the seat (the way "a ghost" can vent the sunroof when my wife is driving ;)), but that's easily fixed by requiring the car to be stationary and in park like other settings.

(Edit: grammar)

Last edited:
Yes it's time they updated the phone app with some new features. (I have Android version)

They could allow you to alter the charging current.

Alter seat profiles.

Display tire pressures - great for measuring them when "cold."

Program a route into the navigation and allow interrogation of the route, supercharger list, energy graph, etc. etc. I would love to lie in bed in the mornings and play around with different routes. Instead, I have to put on my dressing gown and sit in the garage, in the car, programming routes to see the results. First world problems...

Program a route into the navigation and allow interrogation of the route, supercharger list, energy graph, etc. etc. I would love to lie in bed in the mornings and play around with different routes. Instead, I have to put on my dressing gown and sit in the garage, in the car, programming routes to see the results. First world problems...

Many manufacturers (Audi, BMW, Mercedes included) have a system where from Google Maps you can "Send to car". Since Tesla is using the Google Maps for the CID I don't see why they couldn't be included.

A feature I'd like to see is for "Work location" to be tied to the user profile. It's a little thing, I admit, but seems straightforward enough.

• Disagree
Reactions: number12
Yes it's time they updated the phone app with some new features. (I have Android version)

They could allow you to alter the charging current.

Alter seat profiles.

Display tire pressures - great for measuring them when "cold."

Hey Martin, lots of great ideas in your note. I'd also love to see the ability to:

- Turn on/off bunn warmers/coolers
- Turn on/off steering wheel warmer
- Turn on/off both defrosters
- Faster connection with the car

Plus I'm sure there are tons of other improvements.

Waypoint mapping!
Cannot believe it's not included yet!
Also, bigger number squares on the telephone dial screen, although now that we have voice activated dialing, not as much a priority.
The ability to see if the SC I want to visit, has any spaces left. Nothing more frustrating than driving off the highway to charge only to find out that all the stalls are occupied or some not working!

Reactions: Boatguy
Oh how I wish the User Profile was selectable from the app! Every other MFG puts the buttons on the door, and my wife is much shorter than I am so I can't just hop in and adjust the seat to my settings. Since its setting is in the CID, I don't see a good reason why it can't be part of the app. The only concern might be that someone besides the driver could move the seat (the way "a ghost" can vent the sunroof when my wife is driving ;)), but that's easily fixed by requiring the car to be stationary and in park like other settings.

(Edit: grammar)
Yeah, with you here, this would be a great feature!

Reactions: Boatguy
1) Fix the navigation! We should have EVTripPlanner functionality in the car, in the app, and on the computer (web site), with syncing between all three when we want to add a route.

2) Link the profiles to the key fob. My wife is much shorter than I am and it borders on painful to get into the car when the profile is set for her. And lift the steering wheel up as soon as the door is opened.

Reactions: msnow
1) Fix the navigation! We should have EVTripPlanner functionality in the car, in the app, and on the computer (web site), with syncing between all three when we want to add a route.

2) Link the profiles to the key fob. My wife is much shorter than I am and it borders on painful to get into the car when the profile is set for her. And lift the steering wheel up as soon as the door is opened.
1) That´s what I´m missing
2) An Altitude meter with google navigation would be quite helpful.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
Hey Martin, lots of great ideas in your note. I'd also love to see the ability to:

- Turn on/off bunn warmers/coolers
- Turn on/off steering wheel warmer
- Turn on/off both defrosters
- Faster connection with the car

Plus I'm sure there are tons of other improvements.

Ugh, I wish we could customize the defroster buttons on the main screen to optional items such as Steering Wheel heater (use waaaaay more) or even other items such as "Low" suspension on airbags.

more control over the regen braking allowing it to bring you to a stop just like my old bmw i3 and allow one pedal driving..
I had the same issue, but I read that the difference was a fixed magnet motor used in the i3 and the induction motors used in the Tesla. I can't verify any of that, but that is explanation I read about why the i3 can be brought to a full stop, but the Tesla needs just a touch of brake under 5mph (8kph).

Ugh, I wish we could customize the defroster buttons on the main screen to optional items such as Steering Wheel heater (use waaaaay more) or even other items such as "Low" suspension on airbags.

My Sony mirrorless SLR has customizable buttons. This would be cool for the car. Maybe even/instead, a new menu option on the steering wheel for a custom function (not a whole menu, just one click).

More than one "work" location. I have 2 offices, and cover 2 hospitals, and it would be nice to be able to set all of them with a quick nickname (rather than telling the car the address or full hospital name). Or better maybe a list of "favorite" destinations...

I STRONGLY second the request for the ability to download google maps directions straight to the car.

The ability to change the driver profile remotely would be excellent, and tying it to the keyfob is truly a great idea.

More than one "work" location. I have 2 offices, and cover 2 hospitals, and it would be nice to be able to set all of them with a quick nickname (rather than telling the car the address or full hospital name). Or better maybe a list of "favorite" destinations...

I STRONGLY second the request for the ability to download google maps directions straight to the car.

The ability to change the driver profile remotely would be excellent, and tying it to the keyfob is truly a great idea.

On version 8.x there are favorites - hit Navigate, and under Home/Work there is a "Recent | Favorites" choice in gray.