Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another idea for the google map - why not make it possible in the config to list a number of URLs for KML/KMZ files? Just like in Google Earth and Google Maps we could then add layers of info to the map shown. Useful layers would be various databases listing charging points (not just the SuperChargers - but all chargers - also parking spots reserved for EVs), also a layer showing speed cameras, additional layers for tourist type info. The possibilities just continue - but to enable this we need to be able to add a few URLs for KML and/or KMZ files.

Not sure if this has been requested before, but there is currently no way to update/remove Visited Chargers. My list is getting pretty cluttered and not all of the addresses are accurate. I'd like to delete a few of the places and correct the address on others.

I want to keep better track of my range. I wish I could take a snapshot of my current range, miles, temperature, time and have it stored in some sort of notes section so I can see how my range was affected. Right now I have to keep those notes on my phone.

I'm not sure if they already have the sensors in place to do this, but I'd like the energy page to be able to show the breakdown of how energy's being spent, not just the overall Wh/mile graph. How much is drivetrain vs. heating / cooling vs. other systems, etc. Or at least how much is drivetrain vs. everything else. An overlay that charts the speed at each point would be useful to see as well.

I'm not sure if they already have the sensors in place to do this, but I'd like the energy page to be able to show the breakdown of how energy's being spent, not just the overall Wh/mile graph. How much is drivetrain vs. heating / cooling vs. other systems, etc. Or at least how much is drivetrain vs. everything else. An overlay that charts the speed at each point would be useful to see as well.

Yep, I have requested this feature as well. Supposedly they are working on a completely redesigned energy app. Maybe in 5.7?

Scheduled Charging

I appreciate that we are now able to schedule charging in order to obtain the less expensive electricity available for TOU (time of use) utility customers. The programming, however, needs to include a 'stop time' to insure that charging doesn't continue during the more expensive times. The UI should also provide an option that allows charging on weekends when TOU customers also have less expensive rates.

My roadster Parrot Asteroid has the following screen:

volumeramp.png

It allows me to set radio volume adjustments, based on speed.

For Model S, something similar for ride height would be good. I am not so worried about road clearance for debris avoidance. Rather, I'd like to adjust ride height for ground clearance around parking garages, etc.

Last edited:
I noticed that on 5.6, when using the maps in "car up" mode that a small compass appears on the nav screen in the bottom right. But when you put a route in, the compass then moves to the right of the directions dialog box.

It would make more sense to move the compass over to the right side -- either at bottom right, or in the gap above the traffic and sat view buttons...

I'm a big guy (6' 300lbs) and although the car offers plenty of room, getting in and out can be difficult at my driving position. As such, I wish my Model S would lift and retract the steering wheel and move my seat back when in park, like my old Lexus GS. I imagine it's a really a simple feature to add, and it offers great convenience.