Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S to be Featured March 30th on 60 Minutes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... and a thrashing wound-out 4 cylinder at that! But, then again the public is expecting sound to identify with, whether that be fury from musical sound track or a thumping V8 to go along with such an exotic looking sleek machine. It was an inside joke between the sound editors (we can imagine them laughing hysterically while fixing the piece) and those EV connoisseurs who 'know'.

Two things this week confirmed for me that Elon is watching out for us and that he is even more passionate than I could have imagined about all of "this": the titanium armor announcement and the tears welling up in his eyes during that 60 minutes interview.

Two things this week confirmed for me that Elon is watching out for us and that he is even more passionate than I could have imagined about all of "this": the titanium armor announcement and the tears welling up in his eyes during that 60 minutes interview.

One of the few CEOs who 'gets it'. Inspires me to invest a little more both in the company and in my time championing his mission.

I do appreciate that Elon still gets the emotional connection that happened when he almost went under in late 08. You can certainly see that. I do wish that they had not referred to the Model S as a $100000 car. Regardless of the fact that the sticker was ~$120K I think I wold rather have the said the car can be had starting in the low to mid 60's. For one that would pique the interest of more potential customers and secondly it would avoid me having to defend my purchase of the vehicle by people who I am sure would never spend that sort of $$$$ on a car.

Wow, I didn't realize my Model S should sound like a gas engine car. I will take it back to the service center tomorrow to make sure they "fix" it so I have loud engine sounds when driving.. geez, really CBS? You couldn't have made a point of how quiet the car is and then leave out the engine sound f/x?

As soon as I heard the sound, it was clear it was added as it was not even in sync with the car's movement. It's also present with no chase car and shots from a distance!

What were they thinking? That their mics were broken? :)