TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S with an exhaust??

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by yobigd20, Jan 23, 2014.

1. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

#1 yobigd20, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Alywa

Alywa Member

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Outside of creating buzz for his company's re-purposing of Fisker Karmas, nobody in their right mind would want an ICE model S. I don't even think it would be possible without extensive changes to the frame / structure of the car.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Lutz is loony on this one. That sounds like an off-the-cuff response, and he doesn't know that it's pretty much impossible. There's simply no place to put an ICE drive train. Also the battery pack is a structural component of the car.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Well, it's bound to happen. We've seen ICE's converted to electric for years, so why not electric to ICE? :tongue:

Maybe I'll put a set of side pipes on mine!

5. jbruce

jbruce Member

6. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Actually those are small SpaceX thrusters enabling 0-60 in <1 second!

7. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Sort of like JATO.

1234272.jpg