Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exciting but disappointing. It's unsettling that they can just make a major change like this without letting buyers know. Those that missed this by days have a right to be angry. Hoping they offer an upgrade.
This would not be the first time they did this.
They said it in the past they won't give you a heads-up.
They won't in the future if they didn't give a heads-up for the autopilot 1.0 to 2.5 change which was the biggest one or AWD they won't for a minor MCU upgrade.

This would not be the first time they did this.
They said it in the past they won't give you a heads-up.
They won't in the future if they didn't give a heads-up for the autopilot 1.0 to 2.5 change which was the biggest one or AWD they won't for a minor MCU upgrade.

IMO this is a major upgrade. This changes the experience significantly

Exciting but disappointing. It's unsettling that they can just make a major change like this without letting buyers know. Those that missed this by days have a right to be angry. Hoping they offer an upgrade.

Yeah, every time there is a change some folks feel this way. Constant tweaks to existing model lines is how Tesla has worked since the start, and I don't see any sign of that changing. Overall I think it's a good policy, but it sure sucks when you're just on the other side of an improvement. We bought our S right before AP 2.0 happened, although that turned out to be OK. :)

Here we go again. I missed AP2 with a few weeks but this is a far better way in my opinion. If you don't like this way of launching new features, buy another brand.

Here is what my car shows from whatsmyua. Autopilot 2.0, VIN 187XXX.

Comes up as undefined. So something is definitely changed...

BUT, Someone on Reddit pointed out the following: amd64 is just a name for x86-64 and does not necessarily mean AMD.

Thanks Erik

whats my ua.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I argued that the browser would work better with better hardware. People shot my down. Lets see
I think it all depends on how well the code is optimized. My old tablets had Tegra processors and worked fine and fast for 5 years. I think a large part of the slowness in the Tesla browsers is that the traffic has to go through their VPN. Also it's an OLD browser. IF they just updated the browser, they could make it scream on the old Tegra processor.

Wow. Looks like the new MCU cars can also see 5Ghz WiFi networks? Could they only see 2.5 before?

New MCUs now see 5Ghz networks • r/teslamotors

That's great news for the new MCU, but I have a feeling that will be the nail in the coffin for retrofitting unless you can just retrofit the MCU without a wifi change to go with it. That'd be a new wifi antenna in the mirror housing, if not a replacement for the wifi card altogether.

Reactions: MP3Mike