Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 100d not connecting to Tesla toolbox 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Tesla model X 100d that I picked up at an auction from Tesla corporate the vehicle retains a clean title even though it has been in an accident. I purchased Tesla toolbox 3 one month subscription thinking I could clear the crash in TAS and the SRS module but I’m unable to connect to toolbox I keep getting an error “traffic to Odin blocked” and the it times out.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced anything like this or if they have a solution. The car is running V8.1 software. This is my first Tesla project so learning a lot and trying to get this thing back on the road. It drives but the suspension is slammed so it rubs on just about anything. I’d prefer to figure it out on my own with out having to take it in to the service center.
How do you get cars from tesla corporate auction?

Do anyone know how to get the car into service mode without being at a service center in the US? Are they GEO fenced to only let it enter service mode near authorized service centers? How do you use toolbox if you cant put the car in service mode?
Some models have this ability. If you MCU has a tesla logo on the top middle, then hold it until you get an animation. Window will pop up requiring a code. Type 'service' and it will go to service mode

I'm having problems whit my car, just like you.please help me to be able to connect to the car

Attachments

• dj.jpg
    dj.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 115
I'm having problems whit my car, just like you. Please help me to be able to connect to the car
I am giving you this info from memory so not going to be very detailed, however I trust you can work this out.
For this to work you need a good internet connection and I think that the car should also be connected. If car not connected then don't worry there are other points to check, because I don't know if it needs to be connected for sure.
On the browser address at the top there is a lock icon. click it then click site settings. A window with a list of permissions will open, scroll down to find 'insecure content' and change the setting from Block to Allow.

you also need to have open ethernet settings. Find IP settings , change this to manual on your pc. IPv4 needs to have subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and Gateway needs to be 192.168.90.125
Good Luck

• Love
Reactions: vandao
Cleared most my suspension issues with a Tcan pro. I ended up having to take it in to Tesla to do a huge update. I may be wrong but if they get too many updates behind Tesla will plug them into a laptop to update the software and get it caught up.