TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model X 90D fire sale?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by kwellmey, Jul 14, 2017.

1. kwellmey

kwellmey Member

Wow! There looks to be a fire sale on remaining new Model X 90D in inventory. I looked at one in particular that was discounted to $108k last night...which is now listed at $100k. Can any long-time lookers confirm? Not sure if I should get the 90D on sale or order a 100D for 111k now.

• Love x 1
  2. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

Still a tough decision if you have your heart set on a 100D, although it certainly represents a significant discount over the previous "new" 90Ds. Where I think it is an especially great deal is for someone looking at a 75D and now the 90D is a great bargain at the current discount prices. Another plus is that you'd expect the inventory 90D to be available for delivery quicker than a newly built 100D. But you need to see if the inventory model has the options you want (or more importantly, those that you don't want). You don't want the "extras" that you wouldn't have purchased anyway to use up the savings on an amazing deal.

3. kwellmey

kwellmey Member

That's a good point...a 90D is more attractive for someone looking at a 75D. You might also assume the 100D will hold its value better than the 90D as well.

4. Tmoody

Tmoody Member

There were some really crazy aggressive discounts on remaining inventory P90D Model X approaching end of last quarter.

5. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

The 90 kWh battery has a problematic history, it being the one with most reported battery-related issues (e.g. degradation) in recent times. For some points look here: Deciding on MX 90D Inventory vs 75D new #2

I would definitely go for the 100D out of these options, though of course over time 100D might have some issues too we do not know yet - but at least there is a chance of improvements...

That said, I would wait until way after the Model 3 launch before ordering, to see what changes happen to Model S/X lines due to Model 3.

• Love x 1
  6. Sidra

Sidra Member

Pulled the trigger on a 90d. Savings plus 1.49% interest on purchase was too much to resist. Free super charging and 1k off also helped, but that's for all cars. But I did get free shipping.

• Like x 5
  7. AnxietyRanger

Congrats on the new car, @Sidra!

8. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

How did you get free shipping?!

9. dailo

dailo Member

If you ordered a new inventory Model X, re-generate your spec. Looks like they have increased the discounts automatically, maybe due to new configs?

10. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

11. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

Any remaining inventory 90D Model Xs have really big showroom discounts right now. It puts them to the same price as a similarly optioned 75, or even better if they are a couple of months old or have a few miles on them.

12. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

I don't believe it was all 90's that had issues.

In any event, my 90x is 16 months old, 30k miles and has gone from 263 to 256 (which is only 1 under spec).

13. DarkMatter

DarkMatter Member

My DS said the biggest problems were with the early P90Ds, and that the later ones were working out well. I'd believe that as we know there are more than one version of the 90 pack.

14. AnxietyRanger

I don't share your faith.

V3 90 kWh do have better performance than V1, but there have been no reports of then being less susceptible - in general - to degradation and/or peak rate throttling in my view.

Can there be better individual units/cases? Sure.

15. AnxietyRanger

It is certainly possible there are better units and different use scenarios result in different outcomes. However, IMO out of all the different pack sizes, the 90 kWh in general has received the most complaints in things like DC charging peak rate throttling, including newer 90 kWh packs. The missed performance is of course the other point, so not just about degradation.