Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13 hours until we pick it up. Any last minute advice beyond the checklist?
I'll reiterate what I said earlier in the thread - focus on cosmetics. Make sure you look for any seat rips or scratches, floor mat issues, window scratches, paint issues, etc. Mechanicals are covered, cosmetics could be contested as having happened after delivery.

Also - if you get the sunshade, the rule is we don't talk about it here. Pretend you didn't. No matter who asks.

Some silly questions I realized I should have asked earlier:

1. Is there a drive involved to make sure the car is good?
2. How long does it usually take or is reasonable for me to have it take while I look over the car?

Thanks everyone!

Also - if you get the sunshade, the rule is we don't talk about it here. Pretend you didn't. No matter who asks.

Please ignore the comment above, looks like we got a "sunshade hater" (two words I never thought I would say together) :)

@itay As always....... Let me know if you get a sunshade and if the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylight on the FWD is adequate.

My X was all ready to go and passed QC. Delivery was scheduled to be Tuesday of the previous week. Then the recall happened, and now it's still sitting at the factory, waiting for the parts from the 3rd party vendor for the 3rd row seats. No ETA. This is frustrating. To top it off, the website still says "March 24 - March 31" as expected delivery date.

I wish they'd deliver the car now and replace the seats at the local SC once the parts come in.

Please ignore the comment above, looks like we got a "sunshade hater" (two words I never thought I would say together) :)

@itay As always....... Let me know if you get a sunshade and if the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylight on the FWD is adequate.

My wife sits in the middle of the 2nd row in our sunshadeless X delivered 3/22 since it's the most shady spot. This means I get to drive it 100% of the time during the daytime so I'm not complaining at all! The tint on the panoramic windshield is adequate for me, btw.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading a lot posts over here that people are saying their delivery date had been pushed back and that happened to me too. I was suppose to get late April delivery, now my DS told me I'll be getting mid-late May delivery. My VIN ends with 4484.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading a lot posts over here that people are saying their delivery date had been pushed back and that happened to me too. I was suppose to get late April delivery, now my DS told me I'll be getting mid-late May delivery. My VIN ends with 4484.
When did you confirm your order, what are your specs and when was VIN issued? Your X might be held bc of seat recall.

Yes, this is a good thing to point out here. However, @WilliamZ appears to be in California (like me).
Not sure that's true. Just got off the phone with Lauren at Scottsdale SC. Asked about my VIN40XX, since I saw nh-srt8's VIN was 47XX and he is schedule for delivery on 4/18. She said that production is not tie to VIN, but by batch. So I guess I will need to be looking for someone with VIN40XX. But back to ohm man comment, I also asked if picking up at Fremont would make it faster, she said no, but why would you want to do that, the tax in CA is higher than AZ. So I assume that it is a sell in AZ not CA. Can't wait for my X.

oops just realized that Ohmman was referring to Olorn's comment. Sorry ohmman, and sorry for the autocorrection of your screen name.