Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure that's true. Just got off the phone with Lauren at Scottsdale SC. Asked about my VIN40XX, since I saw nh-srt8's VIN was 47XX and he is schedule for delivery on 4/18. She said that production is not tie to VIN, but by batch. So I guess I will need to be looking for someone with VIN40XX. But back to ohm man comment, I also asked if picking up at Fremont would make it faster, she said no, but why would you want to do that, the tax in CA is higher than AZ. So I assume that it is a sell in AZ not CA. Can't wait for my X.

oops just realized that Ohmman was referring to Olorn's comment. Sorry ohmman, and sorry for the autocorrection of your screen name.
I received a call from Fremont this morning and thought here we go there's a problem but it was just confirm the time of delivery on Monday. FYI the sales tax penalty is not significant if you are leasing since it is only $50 more. There is bill to change this for deliveries in state that will be exported within 30 days that cleared the senate but it is waiting house approval. Looking forward to a few days in California before heading home later in the week.

I will be glad to post pictures Tuesday. I've lived vicariously through others and will be glad to have to return the favor. Hope I can hold the camera still.

Trust me for those in-waiting. When your X arrives, the DS won't ignore it and keep it a secrete, they are as excited to deliver the car as you are to receive it. There is a lot of paper work to be prepared and schedules to coordinate. I've had emails on MVPA, Insurance, Driver License, Taxes, Finance, etc. nearly daily since the X got to the SC. So there is little to be gained by checking once the X is shipped or in QC at the SC by contacting the DS hourly or daily or even weekly. DS are all in the business of delivering vehicles. In two years, I sent just 4 emails to Tesla and took the time to meet my DS in person at the Meet the X event. A personal relationship really still matters in the time of cyber communications. When I write, it is always with purpose, has a cordial tone, request specific information and explains the rationale for my request (not just update me). I take the time to offer thanks in advance for taking the time to read and answer -- it's called courtesy.

So live vicariously, but be respectful of people time and efforts.

Taking delivery on Tuesday.

Tonight, on my evening walk, I spied VIN 500 parked along the street, in my color. On the one hand, I was bummed that I can no longer say I bought an X without having seen one. On the other hand, it looked good. A bit narrower and longer than I expected.

Reactions: ModelX
Took delivery this afternoon at Costa Mesa - VIN 22xx. 90D / no PUP. Reserved 2013, confirmed Nov 2015.

Great service. We spent more than an hour at the walk through, and Dave was very patient with all our questions.

No sunshade @K-MTG.

Congrats!!! Please post the stuff @bignikku asked for. Was Dave your DS, mine is Emily?

How do the doors operate without the PuP? I ended up upgrading to the PuP when I upgraded to the 90D.

Hopefully no build issues!!

Did they tell you when you will get your sunshade?

How is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD? The weather is horrible today, hot, sunny, dry, and windy... Bad for me since I live in a fire prone area.

I picked up my car this morning - the Seattle SC did a great job, and was very accommodating to our needs. My wife knew we bought the car but not that we were receiving it now - she thought it was going to be in a few months. My DS - Lexi - made sure we had the bow on the car and everything, and everyone was very nice.

I'll try and write something longer, but a few quick notes:

1. Overall, the car was in great condition. The only two things we could see were:
a. Near the channel/pipe from the rear view mirror to the top back of the windshield, there was a little bit of "glue"- residue alongside it. It kind of seemed like the channel used to be in the location and was moved. They put it on the due bill as it didn't immediately come off.

b. The driver side FWD is about 5mm off-center with the the driver's door - the handles don't quite line up, and the door doesn't 100% line up. They also put it on the due bill. The other side is perfect.

2. No real issues opening and closing the doors - they've worked pretty much perfectly so far. The only oddity is that in our two car garage, when I removed the other car the X got a bit confused and thought something was obstructing the FWD, but it sorted itself out.

3. Autopilot and lane change worked great today, no problem whatsoever.

Overall, it's a great car, and the look on my wife's face when she realized it was our car (I tricked her and told her we were going to the Tesla Social) was worth the 125K it cost us (with tax and everything before any credits). It really feels different than other cars I've driven before, and definitely has more pep than our 2008 Prius :)

The only things that are a bit odd is how you can't open the driver side door from the fob itself (unless you have auto open) or how the windows don't auto close when you lock the car. My hope is they'll fix this in a software update, but those are overall small niggles.

As to the obligatory questions:

- We did not get a sunshade. They said it was a Tesla corporate thing and they weren't even keeping track of it and will just send it to our house whenever it comes in.

- No parcel shelf cover or anything like that, they didn't know when one would be there.

- I forgot to ask about the accessory hitch and I didn't get it in the car itself, so have to email my DS about that.

@ohmman I saw you posted about the hitch and that you saw the car was rated to tow up to 3500 even without the towing package. How did you find this out? Did you get the accessory hitch?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading a lot posts over here that people are saying their delivery date had been pushed back and that happened to me too. I was suppose to get late April delivery, now my DS told me I'll be getting mid-late May delivery. My VIN ends with 4484.
My vin is a few off from yours... based on what I understand they don't make them in vin order but in batches. Yours is the closest to my vin I have noticed . I am in VA so we are both on east coast. I have not gotten any update on my 'late april - may' delivery other than the initial one saying it's in the production queue.

Mine are:
Midnight Silver, 90D, all options except autopilot, 6 seat, reserved 9/12, ordered 1/24 vin 44xx assigned 3/12 current status "in production queue"

The only things that are a bit odd is how you can't open the driver side door from the fob itself (unless you have auto open) or how the windows don't auto close when you lock the car. My hope is they'll fix this in a software update, but those are overall small niggles.

Windows automatically up upon locking the car? I hope they don't 'fix' this, I leave my window cracked sometimes for various reasons. Maybe, though, they can make it an option in the settings.

Reactions: TSLAopt and dwebb66
Talked to my DS earlier today. Even though my X reached the production end of line on April 11th, it won't ship out until around May 2nd. Then has to get to New Jersey for final QC...

I have no idea how Tesla can claim May as the delivery date for the P90D if you order today when mine is only going to be in my hands mid May as it is.

Ordered: February 22nd
Confirmed: February 29th

P90DL - 6 seater, 20" rims, fully loaded.