Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X August Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the air suspension, pretty much loaded. I contacted my local showroom manager that I have been talking to and asked such questions. He didn't say anything about compensating for the delay. He only apologized for the delay and was looking into it. He had no idea why it has taken so log. He did encourage that the later builds are if better builds with less issues. He also stated that it went into production 4 days ago. I have yet to hear from my DS telling me of this and the My Tesla still states what it has said for the last 2 months that it's in the production queue.

Hmmm.. Have you been naughty or nice to your DS? That could explain the delay :cool:

I have the air suspension, pretty much loaded. I contacted my local showroom manager that I have been talking to and asked such questions. He didn't say anything about compensating for the delay. He only apologized for the delay and was looking into it. He had no idea why it has taken so log. He did encourage that the later builds are if better builds with less issues. He also stated that it went into production 4 days ago. I have yet to hear from my DS telling me of this and the My Tesla still states what it has said for the last 2 months that it's in the production queue.

The online status is pretty much useless. If yours went into prod 4 days ago, I think you should get delivery by mid August!

I would definitely ask about something in return for the delay. Again, it does not have to just be monetary, but has value for you (i.e. 2 or 4 years of service). Well, good news though, right!? It finally went into Production, which means you are probably about 3-4 weeks out from delivery. I'm rooting for you!

Reactions: Sean So Lowe
I would definitely ask about something in return for the delay. Again, it does not have to just be monetary, but has value for you (i.e. 2 or 4 years of service). Well, good news though, right!? It finally went into Production, which means you are probably about 3-4 weeks out from delivery. I'm rooting for you!
I'm not sure who has the authority to grant that, weather be the DS or the store manager. It would be greatly appreciated for sure. I had mentioned that to the store manager but he never agreed to it just basically that the newer builds have been having less issues. I'm thinking they should have any issues by the time they reach the customer.

Well just got an email from my DS today. They said it my Model X is currently in the “Body In White” production stage where it becomes recognizable as paint is now complete, and interior and exterior components are installed.
Once completed their logistics team will have it transported to the Columbus service center. This process can take two to three weeks so most likely it will reach Columbus in mid-August.

When it arrives the service team will need a day or two complete the pre-delivery inspection and then charge and detail the vehicle while we schedule your orientation appointment.

Reactions: RKap and XHokie
I confirmed with my DS a week ago, and again just yesterday with another DS, that August 4th would be my delivery date. I have a feeling my X, which was supposed to be in transit over a week ago, is going to arrive at my local SC earlier, but because my DS is out on vacation until August 2nd...I'm not getting the car until August 4th. It's all good...the man probably deserves a vacation after the end of Q3 madness with deliveries. :)

I contacted my DS today and was informed that my MX started production. Looking at a late August delivery!!!

Your configuration is very similar to mine, except different color, and my VIN is slightly earlier than yours. If there's any common sense to how production schedules are done, you'd think that would imply that my X is already in production, but I haven't heard anything from my DS and last check was still a September/October delivery. :confused:

Our locations are probably equidistant from the factory, so hopefully that bodes well for my X....:)

I guess I gotta get off my butt and start actively trying to sell my S.....:eek:

Your configuration is very similar to mine, except different color, and my VIN is slightly earlier than yours. If there's any common sense to how production schedules are done, you'd think that would imply that my X is already in production, but I haven't heard anything from my DS and last check was still a September/October delivery. :confused:

Our locations are probably equidistant from the factory, so hopefully that bodes well for my X....:)

I guess I gotta get off my butt and start actively trying to sell my S.....:eek:
I wonder if it's taking longer because you are in Hawaii. Either way, hope it comes early... Agree sounds like it is time tell sell that MS.

Ah glad someone finally started one! I guess I'll chime in. P90DL ordered 5-21-2016, confirmed 7 days later. DS said he sees it in the system as entering production first week of August.

P90DL, 22" Onyx, white seats, matte wood, six seat, Ludicrous, Autopilot, PUP, SAS, UHFS, Subzero.
Glad i called my DS in Cleveland because mytesla tells me nothing. Ordered 90D 6/9 i believe, told to expect August. Then more like late August . Well i want to display it at a Wings and Wheels event just east of cleveland on Aug 6. I was hoping id have it, or maybe a demo for the day, or heck they just bring one out themselves from the showroom.

Well to my pleasant surprise, my 119XX is in the rail yard in Chicago as of 7/27, and i will probably actually get it delivered here next week, maybe Friday 8/6. PSYCHED!

90D, titanium, tan interior, autopilot, air suspension, 6 seat.

Reactions: beths11