Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X: Average Wh/mile Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow so low it’s almost unbelievable. I think you’re joking with the drag strip comment. Screen shot please.

check my YouTube channel for my racing videos

I race at the same 1/4 mile track as Tesla Plaid Channel, BoostedBoiz and Cleetus

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NJturtlePower
thats crazy low efficiency for a model x plaid. I imagine you never use climate control???? I have a 2022 model x plaid with 20 inch rims with 25,000 miles and i average 340wh per mile.
I use climate control on my way home from work and when I travel with my family in the car.
Morning commute and driving after dark is no AC. Large part of my driving is early morning and late night. Fan blower set to 7 only. I drive 10 mph over speed limit whenever possibe. However, traffic is usually slow on my commute, improving efficiency. I use regen to brake and rarely ever use my brake pedal. I do race at times in Mexico and every 2 months at the drag strip but when I'm not racing anyone, I drive passive and mostly autopilot set to 10 mph over. I have good time management and rarely run late and have to drive super fast to arrive on time.
I don't do this to save money as I charge for free anyways and it's irrelevant how much electricity I consume. I'm just not a heat sensitive person. I'm freezing in temps below 72 degrees. If AC is on, it's set to 74 or 75.

Last edited:
I use climate control on my way home from work and when I travel with my family in the car.
Morning commute and driving after dark is no AC. Large part of my driving is early morning and late night. Fan blower set to 7 only. I drive 10 mph over speed limit whenever possibe. However, traffic is usually slow on my commute, improving efficiency. I use regen to brake and rarely ever use my brake pedal. I do race at times in Mexico and every 2 months at the drag strip but when I'm not racing anyone, I drive passive and mostly autopilot set to 10 mph over. I have good time management and rarely run late and have to drive super fast to arrive on time.
I don't do this to save money as I charge for free anyways and it's irrelevant how much electricity I consume. I'm just not a heat sensitive person. I'm freezing in temps below 72 degrees. If AC is on, it's set to 74 or 75.
thats intresting your crazy good efficiency must be from no climate control. I never hard of anyone with a model x with your kind of crazy good efficency. I drive just like you very mellow at about 10mph over the speed limit. but the climate control is always on and always set to auto at 70 degrees. I also have a 2017 model x 100d with 22 inch wheels with an average efficency of 405wh per mile.

thats intresting your crazy good efficiency must be from no climate control. I never hard of anyone with a model x with your kind of crazy good efficency. I drive just like you very mellow at about 10mph over the speed limit. but the climate control is always on and always set to auto at 70 degrees. I also have a 2017 model x 100d with 22 inch wheels with an average efficency of 405wh per mile.
Climate Control can make a huge difference, especially around town. If I do trips around town, I average about 240 - 260 wh/mile with the AC off and well over 350 wh/mile with the AC on. Sometimes, over 400 wh/mile. The Model X has a huge cabin and it takes a lot of energy to cool that large cabin. I do have a upper windshield sunshade/sunblock as well as for the falcon wing door which stops the cabin from heating up too much.
From October to March, I don't use any climate control. I'm in Florida, so it never gets cold enough to need the heater. Even if we get down to the 40's on cold nights, my car is in the garage and it never gets cold enough in the cabin to need the heater.
22" wheels make a difference as they are much heavier and when it comes to rotating mass, any extra weight costs you efficiency.

I kind of like it warm or even hot as long as the car hasn't been sitting in the sun for a while. I have a garage at work as well as at home, so the car rarely sits in the sun building up 135+ degrees inside. I moved to the US from Austria in 1997 to get away from cold weather.. I prefer heat over cold.

thats crazy low efficiency for a model x plaid. I imagine you never use climate control???? I have a 2022 model x plaid with 20 inch rims with 25,000 miles and i average 340wh per mile.
It sounds like you need an alignment. Model X 2022+ w 20 inch wheels should be well below 300. I only break above 300 when I am running 80 mph (roughly 313 or so) or it is windy in the wrong direction. Hankook iON EV A/S.

When my vehicle was delivered, it felt 100% fine, drove perfectly straight. But the energy consumption was high. Turns out the right front toe-in was off. The improvement in efficiency was enormous!

Last edited:
I do have a upper windshield sunshade/sunblock as well as for the falcon wing door which stops the cabin from heating up too much.

Just curious if you have a product recommendation for the sunshades that you use? My X stays in the sun depending on where I park, and yesterday I noticed that the cabin temp was close to 130F. I opened the windows and then parked in the shade, but made me wonder if at some point the internal temp is bad for certain components or plastic materials.