Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally in production. I am elated. I just hope that the push to get lots of MXs manufactured before end-of-year doesn't mean we start seeing a lot of quality issues. As others have discussed here, it is so strange that Tesla's systems don't always trigger emails. I see on the My Tesla page that the vehicle went into production, but as of yet, no email as some have received.

In any case, I'm happy that I made it to production. See my signature for details on my build, order date, etc.
Congratulations Jay! In terms of emails, MyTesla showed our X75D go into production on Saturday morning and yet we still haven't heard from our DS, so you are not alone...

Finally got my Production Complete email today (12/8). MyTesla still shows in Production.

Website status: Production: 11/18
Production email: 11/20
Production complete email: 12/5
Estimated delivery: 12/8-12/22

VIN 17XXX (ordered in Aug, asked for early-mid Dec delivery)
I believe My Tesla will change once it leaves the factory. That's what mine did.

This email was nice to wake up to...

Attachments

• IMG_9016.PNG
    IMG_9016.PNG
    301.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: bushburner
Quick update: got the production complete email late on 12/2 and now scheduled for delivery on 12/8 in TX. Finally!!!

Tesla has definitely picked up the pace as the quarter end approaches but a handful of folks are still stuck in production since early Nov?!? Sorry for you guys but I think this is the week they will wrap up production on your vehicles too especially if you are on the east coast! Good Luck!

Hi, Im new to this forum, but wanted to post about arrival of new MX:

Good News:
Model X 90D
AWD
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
22 Onyx Black Wheels
Tan Leather Seats
Figured Ash Wood Decor
Five Seat interior
Supercharger Enabled
High Amperage Charger Upgrade
Autopilot 2.0
Premium Upgrade Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

$119,950

In production now and expected delivery Christmas week.
At Rockville, Maryland Tesla.

not so good news:
Work/Life/Health circumstances in flux.
I will take delivery of the MX, but I would be open to re-selling it to any interested party.
PM if interested.

Thanks

Hi, Im new to this forum, but wanted to post about arrival of new MX:

not so good news:
Work/Life/Health circumstances in flux.
I will take delivery of the MX, but I would be open to re-selling it to any interested party.
PM if interested.

Thanks

You are likely going to be better off just not taking delivery of the vehicle and losing your $2,500 deposit. I doubt you will be able to resell it at less than a $2,500 loss.

• Helpful
Reactions: hollywood
My car in production since Nov 9. DS says I'm more than halfway through production (you would think), and expect completion end of next week.

Not sure why my car would have to be in production for 37 days, while others are getting 2 days.

Order confirmed Oct 2. Seems so long ago LOL.

My car in production since Nov 9. DS says I'm more than halfway through production (you would think), and expect completion end of next week.

Not sure why my car would have to be in production for 37 days, while others are getting 2 days.

Order confirmed Oct 2. Seems so long ago LOL.
Yup, that's the million dollar question -- what causes identical cars to have very different production times? It makes sense if they can't get a part (5 seat models for example) but the disparity in production times is a lot higher than I would expect simply for mistakes/rework.

I keep seeing the 40 day time period for getting a new Tesla. So went back to see when i submitted the order...

11/20 - Built the car and confirmed
11/21 - VIN Assigned & Car in Production Queue
12/1 - Your Tesla is in Production

The DS has told me that delivery this month will happen. If i take delivery on 12/31 it will be the 42nd day.
I'm hoping for 12/23 :D

Got an email today from Tesla saying production complete! Yesterday DS called and confirmed Dec 23rd delivery date and it's on the books!

Our config:

X 75D
6 seater
Obsidian Black metallic exterior
Ultra White Seats
Ash wood decor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Smart Air Suspension
PUP
EAP

Ordered 11/14
Confirmed 11/19
In queue : 11/22
Started production: 11/26
Got email saying in production: 12/2
Got email today saying order complete :12/6
Confirmed delivery appointment yesterday for 12/23

303xx VIN

There is a disconnect between what my tesla page shows and the back end info with tesla. They couldn't possibly complete production in 4 days based on the emails. I think communication with DS seems to give better real world estimates at least in my case!

Cheers

Yup, that's the million dollar question -- what causes identical cars to have very different production times? It makes sense if they can't get a part (5 seat models for example) but the disparity in production times is a lot higher than I would expect simply for mistakes/rework.
Maybe.... sometimes they reassign a car that's already in the production line to someone if the configuration's hardware is identical. Could be to-stock builds or cancellations.

I think it has a lot to do with chosen options on the car. When I confirmed the order Tesla had switched to the pre-chosen interior packages. My DS told me that cars made with the prechosen packages are being built faster. Plus I did not choose addons like high amp charger sub zero weather package etc which might have cut the production time ?

It's pretty annoying that some people who ordered on 9/28 are still in the queue, while other lucky folks who ordered a month and a half later have their cars already built. It doesn't make a favorable impression of Tesla.
Yup. One of those 9/28 people is me and to say I am a bit disappointed would be understating it. I understand why this may be the situation but, man, is it hard to swallow. I rushed the HPWC install based upon the original projected date and have now had to inform the people who will be wrapping the car that I still have no date other than "three weeks or so". Not sure how to schedule based upon "or so" but that is the reality of it. I still sit in queue and now have little faith I will get it before Christmas and the best I am hoping for now is before New Years. As I now start to see people saying they are being told around Christmas or the end of the first week in January my dreams of taking advantage of the 2016 tax incentives are rapidly fading. I'm keeping the faith though.

Yup. One of those 9/28 people is me and to say I am a bit disappointed would be understating it. I understand why this may be the situation but, man, is it hard to swallow. I rushed the HPWC install based upon the original projected date and have now had to inform the people who will be wrapping the car that I still have no date other than "three weeks or so". Not sure how to schedule based upon "or so" but that is the reality of it. I still sit in queue and now have little faith I will get it before Christmas and the best I am hoping for now is before New Years. As I now start to see people saying they are being told around Christmas or the end of the first week in January my dreams of taking advantage of the 2016 tax incentives are rapidly fading. I'm keeping the faith though.

Yes, I'm starting to have second thoughts about this purchase. Not only are people who ordered a month and a half later than us getting their cars, but Tesla has also broken its delivery promise in my case. I was told mine would go into production in Nov.