Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this is great. So Tesla provides three sources of information for production, all of them unreliable? The MyTesla info is just there as Christmas decoration but isn't real? Sheesh.
I think Tesla's plan is to have this all automated at some point in the future. Who knows, MyTesla may be accurate for Model-S orders. The problem is that the Model-X production line is still not humming along predictably, so MyTesla isn't very helpful at this time.

However, there was a brief moment during this past summer where I saw people post that MyTesla was accurately reporting vehicle status. Maybe since the AP2.0 roll-out, we're back to square one. When I confirmed my car last March, MyTesla didn't provide any information until after I picked it up. At that point it went from VIN assigned to Picked up.

Give it another 6 months or so. If the X production line gets smoothed out, I expect MyTesla to become useful again.

Well, this is great. So Tesla provides three sources of information for production, all of them unreliable? The MyTesla info is just there as Christmas decoration but isn't real? Sheesh.
yeah, I don't know what is going on other than I should have had my X by end of Nov. Funny thing, "MyTesla" page changed to "in production" the day after I reached out to my DS to see why my car had not yet entered production.

Finally... some movement. MyTesla finally shows my car is in production!
At 10AM today (so 5 days totally in production) my car moved to "built and is in transit from the factory"!

Besides being stoked, I'm very curious to see how long it stays in this status given that I'm doing a factory pickup. :)

Also I'm curious to see how long it takes to get an email from our DS.

Congrats Gregkeys!!!! It looks beautiful. I would have gone with white and black too if I hadn't let my 8yo pick the color (blue).

We wanted blue just so we could call it the TARDIS but opted to save the money and take advantage of a cooler car in the summer :( so now we're looking for more doctor who references appropriate to white, so far we have "Clara, the impossible car" and "cyber car"

My X has been 'in production' for almost three weeks. I haven't gotten a single email update from Tesla. My DS says it looks like it might be nearing completion - but I figured that was a guess. He says a delivery before the end of the year is still what to expect - but it needs to travel to Toronto so I am skeptical.

I wish Tesla did a 'radical transparency' thing where you could see what station in manufacture your car was in, but I suspect they worry about customer fear/lack of knowledge about how factories really work:
Well and there's the possibility that the manufacturing process is sufficiently of interest to competitors that Tesla wouldn't want to broadcast that information. If they did, and I were a car exec, I would absolutely
Good question -- it was from the time it first showed in production on MyTesla. We only got the "gone into production" email yesterday so that would be 1 day.

Also (Ambidexter's other half, here), we got a phone call from our DS @ 1:30 today to confirm. Still have not received the automated "whee, production complete!" email, though we did get a confirmation email from DS after I spoke with him, with details about factory delivery.

I got an email today from my DS in Raleigh. Says they are sending my X by train :(
I was hoping that since we are this close to end of quarter they would send everything by truck.
Oh well. He thinks it might be ready 12/29. Of course either myself or my wife is working through the 1st. Here's to hoping for early arrival.

On a happier note, I think I've talked 2 hotels I regularly stay in for work to install destination chargers.

I got an email today from my DS in Raleigh. Says they are sending my X by train :(
I was hoping that since we are this close to end of quarter they would send everything by truck.
Oh well. He thinks it might be ready 12/29. Of course either myself or my wife is working through the 1st. Here's to hoping for early arrival.

On a happier note, I think I've talked 2 hotels I regularly stay in for work to install destination chargers.

How do you know that a destination charger spot will be open when you need it? Do you just hope that you get lucky or are you typically able to reserve the spot when you book your hotel room?

Yep, I was told 12/29 as well but now we're having some other issues on the financial side due me having to re-apply. I was approved with flying colors the first time but now there's some sort of discrepancy that's causing a delay. I wish I could afford to just pay for the whole thing out of my bank account but I'm just not at that status yet. Really annoyed with the Tesla sales rep who was helping me. He along with a few others made some promises they couldn't keep and my emotions have been toyed with in the process. It's a good thing I have most of their promises in writing because I certainly plan to escalate this predicament their superiors if I have to.

My X is stuck in production.
Nov 18 - Mytesla changed to: in production.
over ten days later:
Nov 29 - Email from DS informing my X entering production
Nov 30 - Email from Tesla informing my X entering production
Dec 6th last info pulled from my DS: "it's in the final stage of production ", "just because Mytesla shows in production doesn't mean it is", "we'll let you know when to expect it once it's shipped"

I confirmed on 10-6-16, went to production on 11-19-16, production complete 11-30-16, delivery 12-12-16. If they are out of parts for certain features you selected, your car will sit in production longer.