Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X December Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confident you'll get a shot at taking delivery before this year ends. It's unreal how fast things have been moving for everyone on this thread once their vehicles have gone into production AFTER 11/24. My vehicle had a rare issue, so I waited for virtually 60 days from the time it went into production. However, once production resumed, the car got here 3 weeks later.

So you know what the issue was? I'm at 36 days in production. No reason given.

I am happy to report that I am also picking up my MX 90D on Thursday at the Las Vegas service center. I'm so anxious and bummed that I fly out the next day for a week and a half. I just know I will have separation anxiety only having the MX for a half day before having to leave it!

I am happy to report that I am also picking up my MX 90D on Thursday at the Las Vegas service center. I'm so anxious and bummed that I fly out the next day for a week and a half. I just know I will have separation anxiety only having the MX for a half day before having to leave it!

I feel you, I'm in the same situation, it's the only silver lining that my car is stuck in production for a month. I was scheduled to pick it up immediately before my trip, but now hopefully will get it on the day I get back, which will be better psychologically. Although it's the 30th, so the stars better damn well align that day or the day after or I'll be PISSED.

So you know what the issue was? I'm at 36 days in production. No reason given.
I wasn't given a clear reason as to why my order was stuck in production for 41 days before they finally picked up the pace and finished 2 weeks from the time they called me. All I know is that my situation was pretty unique. I know everyone on here has been waiting but I had to go through a few hiccups due to miscommunication. It became a cluster to the point that my wife was like, "WTF???" but fortunately, she's not the one buying the car. I remained patient and Tesla eventually sorted things out. Not per my request but I'm corresponding with a different team now than from when I first placed my order.

I wasn't given a clear reason as to why my order was stuck in production for 41 days before they finally picked up the pace and finished 2 weeks from the time they called me. All I know is that my situation was pretty unique...
20+ days since production began on mine. No answer to why from my DS however Tesla has gone to some length to keep me from walking away on the car I ordered in April.
Did your delay have anything to with the cars failure to pass end of line inspection?

They probably should at least offer you a browsing of the full inventory of Model X out there to see if one is close to your requested build so you could take delivery of that in Q4. When I go to the web site, I get offered dozens of inventory MX off the search by zip code page.

20+ days since production began on mine. No answer to why from my DS however Tesla has gone to some length to keep me from walking away on the car I ordered in April.
Did your delay have anything to with the cars failure to pass end of line inspection?
WOW!! April, really???...It's possible that my initial vehicle failed end of line inspection because my SA said something that made me believe the car made it to their service center. I was given a new VIN number ending in 30xxx.

WOW!! April, really???...It's possible that my initial vehicle failed end of line inspection because my SA said something that made me believe the car made it to their service center. I was given a new VIN number ending in 30xxx.
Yup, April. We wanted coil suspension and I wanted to give Tesla a bit of time to mature the manufacturing a bit so we chose Oct as a due date.
I suspect the cars stuck in "production" are not passing end of line inspection and now awaiting repairs.