Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Feature Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(1) Driver's Door Auto Open to be location aware similar to suspension hight. Pretty annoying in the garage!
(2) HomeLink garage door auto open/close to be 20' from either front or back of car!
(3) Performance capability on/off toggle on Performance Models (P90D for example) in instances when range is more desirable than performance
(4) Mobil App capability for passengers to control their own rear seat warmers and rear HVAC
(5) Pot-hole avoidance for auto pilot
(6) Front bumper camera for parking

Driver Setting: Ability to Save Last Played Music Channel & Rear Mirror View Position to Driver Setting

As a second driver, I'd like to be able to select my name and have tesla tune into my last played music channel & adjust rear mirror view to my saved setting because I get annoyed after my husband or a valet change it every time.

Thanks!!
E

Don't know if anyone from Tesla is reading these forums, but I think it s a good idea to list down features we would like to see in a future software update. Please add more.

Below are the features I would like to see in a future software update for Model X:
1. Use GPS to detect that car is at home and have option to not "auto-lock" car when at home.
2. Remember which key fob belongs to which driver and reprogram driver automatically.
3. When listening to music from USB. I have to reprogram which album/song to play every time I drive. The car should remember where music was last played to and restart at same place when car is turned on again.
4. Make the driver and passenger door be easier to manually move instead of needing to push/pull it so hard to make it manually close/open (Don't know if this is fixable in software).
5. Have option to freely remove charging cable (even when car is locked) if charging is complete.
6. The second row seat positions (as adjusted by bottom buttons) needs to be "remembered" and returned to when upper side buttons are used by rear seat passengers to move 2nd row seats back and forth.
7. Car wash mode: Close spoiler and side mirrors and put car in neutral.

I second this --> 3. When listening to music from USB. I have to reprogram which album/song to play every time I drive. The car should remember where music was last played to and restart at same place when car is turned on again.

I second this --> 3. When listening to music from USB. I have to reprogram which album/song to play every time I drive. The car should remember where music was last played to and restart at same place when car is turned on again.
This should also apply yo radio channel and rear view mirror. Give us the ability to Save these preferences to Driver settings. Thanks!!

Rear Mirror View Position to Driver Setting

My wife and I have a running joke about how it's "so inconvenient" that you need to manually adjust the rear view mirror when changing drivers. (We feel very spoiled by this car!)

That said, I don't think this is a feature any current owners will ever see, I assume the rear view mirror is not actuated in any way, so you'd need a hardware upgrade to replace the mirror and probably add some wiring. It would definitely be an impressive feature, though.

My wife and I have a running joke about how it's "so inconvenient" that you need to manually adjust the rear view mirror when changing drivers. (We feel very spoiled by this car!)

That said, I don't think this is a feature any current owners will ever see, I assume the rear view mirror is not actuated in any way, so you'd need a hardware upgrade to replace the mirror and probably add some wiring. It would definitely be an impressive feature, though.

The mirror will be replaced with a screen and cameras before it becomes actuated.

Just so you know - this request is how the Model S has always worked - it loads the USB stick when you first plug it in and then simply remembers - I have a USB stick with 5000+ songs and on the S it was just like my own station, it just played for days even though we started, stopped, parked, charged etc. - it just picked up where we left off.

I was deeply shocked when I got the X, that it now works this way :(

+1 for memory seats tied to fobs

Middle seats should return all the way to locked position, and front seats should return to original position, when the third row passenger has sat down and pressed the "back" button on the second row seat. Instead I end up manually picking my profile a second time and then going to controls...seats to get everything back to normal.

Would like to see right steering wheel button press to put AC system into recirc mode instead of off/on. I know it's minor but it's two clicks on the panel and usually you just want to flip to recirc fast when that stinky diesel truck pulls out in front of you.

Reactions: Diavel
Please allow the functionality of the "fang" fog lights. The ones that only illuminate at night even on the ones without the fog light option.

It adds so much character especially for a large front end. It only turns on at night and would be amazing if it turns on like the ones on the parking lights of the early model s days.