Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SigX VIN has finally be assigned. 5YJXCBE49GFS02618

Code.

Digits 1-3 -->5YJ World Manufacturer Identifier

Digit 4 -->X Model

Digit 5 -->C Body Type & GVWR Rating

Digit 6 --> B Restraint System

Digit 7 --> E Fuel Type

Digit 8 --> 4 Motor/Drive Unit

Digit 9 --> 9 Check Digit

Digit 10 -->G Model Year (2016)

Digit 11 --> F Plant of Manufacture (Fremont, CA)

Digit 12-17 --> S02618 Serial #

Reactions: goneskiian
My SigX VIN has finally be assigned. 5YJXCBE49GFS02618

Code.

Digits 1-3 -->5YJ World Manufacturer Identifier

Digit 4 -->X Model

Digit 5 -->C Body Type & GVWR Rating

Digit 6 --> B Restraint System

Digit 7 --> E Fuel Type

Digit 8 --> 4 Motor/Drive Unit

Digit 9 --> 9 Check Digit

Digit 10 -->G Model Year (2016)

Digit 11 --> F Plant of Manufacture (Fremont, CA)

Digit 12-17 --> S02618 Serial #
I see you selected the 6 seat option. What color ?
VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

Got a mail from my DS indicating they will start to build my X at the end of the month (no precise week like some). Mail was informative but very generic, so maybe that's why. Supposedly the MyTesla will get the delivery estimate only when they start building the car, and will gain precision in the following weeks.

Still no VINs for non-Sig ?

I may be losing my mind but I was looking at the configuration tool and it seemed like the base price for a 90D has dropped.

You're not losing your mind. I just compared building a new Model X to my order. There's a $15k difference.. I just emailed my DS. Hopefully I'll get a response by Monday.
ModelX-May15.png

oops... I posted the old price before the drop. But here are the correct numbers and the correct pic.
(Yes, I changed my mind and got Metallic Black instead of Blue, that's no mistake).. But it's still a $7850.00 additional price drop!
ModelxBlack-May15.png

I got a VIN but the excitement is slightly soured by realizing I jumped too early (after the first price drop). The early word is that the only way we will be able to get the latest pricing is if we cancel the order (lose the 5,000) and then re-order at the new price. In my case, including the dark ash change this would amount to: ($9,250 - $5,000=$4,250). This is still financially worth it but it would of course push me to the back of the queue. I thought that putting through an order change (for $500) might work as the order agreement states that if you change your order you have to accept any pricing changes (though I think it may be worded as "increases"); however, that doesn't appear to be allowed. Maybe changing to a 70D for $500, then back to a 90D for $500 would work. I'm partly joking as this obviously seems ludicrous; however, having owners cancel their orders just to get the latest pricing seems like a lot of hassle for everyone involved - certainly I can't believe that Tesla really wants much of that happening. I understand that Tesla has to maintain a policy once we're in a normal mode of delivery but this pricing has been a dogs breakfast from the get go. No production vehicles have been built yet so if they think they've finally figured out their Canadian pricing they should just roll it out across the board, remove any ill will and embarrassment from the crazy pricing rollercoaster, and avoid people cancelling and re-ordering. This would be perfect timing to harmonize all of the production orders to the new pricing structure and then once deliveries are rolling they can start managing the usual pricing/delivery policies. It's not like they would be losing any money - though I guess those of us who were fooled by the first pricing change will at least be contributing an extra $5,000 to the company profits, less whatever costs are involved in this process.
Oh - VIN 7797

Reactions: SSD420