Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're offering me at the cheapest double what others are, despite the exact same coverage I currently have plus an increase in the car being 20K more than the one I have now.

Bummer man! At the beginning of the summer our van got hit by an under-insured driver and it ended up being a total loss. State Farm (like a good neighbor) was totally there and handled the whole deal quickly and professionally. Sorry to hear they're jerking you around on your premium.

My owner advisor said that really the quote they give you is just an estimate until they get the VIN. Who knows. Hopefully it works out for you, because for me they've been pretty fair. (Been with this agent since age 16!)

I posted this in another thread (Gap insurance in New York?) but adding it here in case there's any insight: has anyone in New York State been able to get gap insurance for their Tesla? My DS says it's not part of the lease.

However, I've talked to 6 insurance companies, all of whom otherwise offer gap (or loan lease, "better vehicle replacement", etc coverage) and they all say that they just can't offer it in NY.

Are any of you New Yorkers? How are you handling this, especially on leases?

Shopping for insurance for a 60D. Clean driving record. 100/300 with $500 deductible.

The quotes I am getting are all over the place.

AAA $495/month (LOL!)
State Farm $234/month
Nationwide $198/month
Progressive $146/month

The State Farm agent confirmed that they do not yet have the 60D in their database, so the price they are quoting is for the 75D/90D.

Sorry to hear about all the high quotes. It got me worried getting a quote earlier. I just got a quote from my State Farm agent. $462/6mo as a spare car and casual here in SoCal LA. We have multiple policies and various discounts so that helps.

They have the VIN as 75d but I have a 60d. Not sure if it gets lowered after getting the doc showing it's a 60d.

They have the VIN as 75d but I have a 60d. Not sure if it gets lowered after getting the doc showing it's a 60d.
My agent got back to me saying the base MSRP on 75D is cheaper than my loaded 60D so if I submit the MVPA doc to state farm my premium might stay the same or even increase. Anyone heard of that?

Just got Quote from AAA San Diego: MX 70D (that's what's in their system), +$302/mo when adding to existing policy; Self & wife, no accidents or tickets; Daughter just licensed.

Via the web-policy, for just myself, it was ~$360/mo.

Don't recall the policy limits, but I'm kinda over insured.

The collision was the jaw dropper (even at $1000 ded), and upping the ded to $5k, resulted in only about -$16/mo. The song and dance from agent was that it is a High Value Vehicle. I asked about the vastly superior collision avoidance, and they weren't impressed.

Oh well. I'm in the wrong business and maybe with the wrong insurance company.

I'm on this forum because my Porsche was totaled about a year ago. So time for a Tesla, though I was waiting for better AP. Almost ready to order an X this December. Come on 100D!

The person who hit me had Progressive, I have State Farm. I told State Farm I'd handle it with Progressive. After two or three weeks of delay, Progressive came up with a valuation that was at about $4k lower than the $28.5k I thought I could replace the car for (using just average prices, nothing special). They said they wouldn't negotiate, go talk to State Farm. State Farm came up with a valuation that was within about $200 of my $28.5k. I took the State Farm settlement, and they even managed to get Progressive to pay my $1k deductible. They've always been very fair. Progressive, I'd be wary of given my one experience with them. On the other hand, if you can avoid a claim for a while, you may save enough to make up any shortfall when you do have a claim.

Got my quote back today!

I'm a little confused with how this is cheaper to insure than my 8 year old Mercedes....

Attachments

• IMG_0007.PNG
    IMG_0007.PNG
    275.9 KB · Views: 103
Got my quote back today!

I'm a little confused with how this is cheaper to insure than my 8 year old Mercedes....

Is that annual or 6 mos? And with who?

I got quotes from esurance, Progressive, Ameriprise and AAA. Everybody esle was in the $300-$350 range per month: That's for Me, wife, daughter, minivan, sonata & ModelX.

Anybody have strong feelings in regards to working with these companies? AAA has always been awesome when it comes to hitting deer, or vandalism, or being hit. Haven't bee

Thanks in advance.

Is that annual or 6 mos? And with who?

I got quotes from esurance, Progressive, Ameriprise and AAA. Everybody esle was in the $300-$350 range per month: That's for Me, wife, daughter, minivan, sonata & ModelX.

Anybody have strong feelings in regards to working with these companies? AAA has always been awesome when it comes to hitting deer, or vandalism, or being hit. Haven't bee

Thanks in advance.
I almost forgot Liberty Mutual.